Minimum Wage Overview
In 2021 the Fort Collins City Council made raising the local minimum wage a Council Priority. The Colorado legislature had set the stage in 2019 by passing HB19-1210, giving counties and municipalities the ability to establish a local minimum wage in excess of the statewide minimum $13.65 per hour (2023).
While that process is underway here in Fort Collins, local employers are already grappling with rapidly rising wages and benefits across all industries. Your Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce has been tracking this dynamic.
Minimum Wage Resources and Insights
- May 2, 2023: Local Minimum Wage Set for May 16 (2023) Vote by Fort Collins City Council
- April 14, 2023: Issue of the Week- Local Minimum Wage
- April 2023: Minimum Wage – The Impacts of Wage Compression and the Benefits Cliff
- November 2022: How Will Your Organization Be Affected By A Local Minimum Wage?
- October 2022: CEO Blog: Local Minimum Wage: Business Voice Needed Tonight
- September 2022: $19 per hour. Is your business ready to absorb this new cost driver?
- July 2022: Minimum Wage Discussion Continues
- June 2022: Minimum Wage Introduction
Source: Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce