Leadership Fort Collins
Leadership Fort Collins informs participants about the needs and opportunities in Fort Collins while educating and motivating leaders who are committed to shaping the future of our community.
Leadership Fort Collins, a program of the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, was established in 1981.
The program is designed to broaden participant knowledge of the community while enhancing leadership skills, encouraging contribution to the betterment of the Fort Collins community, increasing the strength and effectiveness of community leaders, equipping participants to respond to the current and future challenges of the community and to provide opportunities for direct contact with influential people, businesses and organizations while achieving the goal of educating and motivating leaders who are committed to shaping the future of our community.
Thirty current and emerging leaders are selected to participate in the program every year. Participants come together once a month for 9 months for day-long sessions to learn about:
- Environment and community planning
- Local government
- Public safety and community assistance
- Economic development and small business assistance
- Health care
- History, diversity, and community betterment
- Education and life-long learning
- Teambuilding and leadership development
In addition to their experiences each month, members of the class are using their skills in a class project.
In 2015, the 32 members of the class, working together:
- Provided 125 blankets, book lights, book marks and more to Kindergarten and First Graders at Irish Elementary School.
- Raised awareness about the importance of protecting over 500 women in crisis through the Men for Change program including fundraising $2,200.
- Built and installed 23 garden boxes for the FoCo Cafe that will provide beauty and food for this special cafe that feeds all people, regardless of need.
- Built two sheds and nursery boxes for Wildlife Restoration Volunteers that will help them continue their mission of restoring natural areas in northern Colroado.
- Raised the community awareness of mental health issues by fundraising $8,755 for Mountain Crest that will allow special services including musical therapy to be offered in Fort Collins.
- Moved over 8,000 pounds of soil and installed countless nursery beds to help bring the Sensory Garden to life at Respite Care.
Applications for the 2016-2017 class have been released. The program will begin September 2016 and conclude in May 2017. Applications for the 2016-2017 program are due on August 10.
The tuition for the nine-month program is $700 and includes all meals, session materials and graduation recognition.
For more information about Leadership Fort Collins please contact Ann Hutchison at (970) 482-3746 or email@example.com.