Western States Bank Provides Students with ‘Real-World’ Banking Experience through the 2018 Digital Ambassador Internship Program
Western States Bank celebrates the completion of nine students from its Digital Ambassador Internship Program August 17, 2018. The paid internship program was created in 2017 with the vision of providing students with an up-close look into the banking industry while at the same time offering various hands-on learning opportunities. Bank locations that participated in this year’s program include branches in southeastern Wyoming, northern Colorado and western Nebraska.
- Nicholas Smith – University of Wyoming (hometown Merritt Island, FL)
- Jac Collins – University of Wyoming (hometown Cheyenne, WY)
- Danielle Watson – University of Wyoming (hometown Highlands Ranch, CO)
- Tolu Adedoja – Western Nebraska Community College (home country Nigeria)
- Aspynn Palmer – University of Wyoming (hometown Green River, WY)
- Hunter Paugh – University of South Dakota (hometown Fort Collins, CO)
- Jaxson Heyrend – Eastern Wyoming Community College (hometown Evanston, WY)
- Ryan Hanson – Colorado State University (hometown Edwards, CO)
- Jefferson Lenoir – Western Nebraska Community College (hometown Gering, NE)
“We strongly support providing students with the opportunity to apply classroom theory to the real-world complexities of commercial banking, business development, project management, communication and customer service,” said Ann Nelson, Western States Bank’s Wyoming Market President. “As a mentor, I personally enjoyed sharing my passion for banking with our next generation and encouraging them to see themselves as future bankers.”
The 13-week paid internship consisted of nine interns diving headfirst into the community and banking industry, some pursuing careers in banking and finance and others in marketing and communications. Each intern’s experience was customized to the needs of the bank locations and his or her strengths and interests.
“What I liked the most about this internship was the fact that we were given all the tools that we needed to perform our responsibilities,” said Tolu Adedoja from Western Nebraska Community College. “I also enjoyed the fact that I worked in an environment that was very accommodating and supportive.”
About Western States Bank
Western States Bank provides a full slate of banking services ranging from deposits and mortgage loans to comprehensive commercial loans and investments. Serving communities across Western Nebraska, Eastern Wyoming and Northern Colorado, Western States Bank is locally owned and has a strong commitment to the communities it serves. For more information, visit www.wsb.bank.