UNITE Full-Scale Emergency Exercise | June 5, 2019
Multiple agencies from northern Colorado are participating in a full-scale, simulated emergency exercise. The UNITE Exercise is intended to test northern Colorado’s first responder’s arrangements for preparing for, and responding to, a multi-location, multi-victim incident. It is expected to identify areas of strength and reveal opportunities for improvement for participating agencies. Emergency services will not be impacted during the exercise.
When: June 5, 2019, from 8 am – 3 pm
- Larimer County Justice Center in Old Town Fort Collins, at and around Civic Center Park
- The Ranch Larimer County’s Event Complex in Loveland
Public Building/Service Impacts and Closures:
- Road Closures from 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on 6/5/19:
- Laporte Ave will be closed from Mason St. to Meldrum St.
- Howes St. will be closed from Laporte Ave. to Mountain Ave. No thru access Laporte to Maple.
- The Larimer County Justice Center and Civic Center Park will be closed beginning at 10 a.m. on 6/5/19
- The Fort Collins Utilities (222 Laporte) payment window will be closed to walk-ins and payment drop offs during the exercise
- MAX service will NOT be impacted; Please check the Transfort rider alerts page for possible impacts
For the safety of the public and for exercise participants, we ask that you use alternate routes to avoid the exercise locations. Photos and video of the exercise are not permitted.