The Ranch to Take Part in “Red Alert” Initiative Tuesday
The Ranch will be taking part in a national ‘Red Alert’ initiative this Tuesday, September 1st from 9:00 pm- midnight where we will be lighting up a portion of our complex in red to symbolize the struggle of the event industry, which has been shuttered since March, 2020 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Theaters, event venues, hotels and others that support our industry are asked to light up their stages and buildings and use the hashtag #WeMakeEvents to raise awareness.
On Tuesday, September 1, from 9pm-midnight, theaters and event venues across North America will be asked to light ghost lights on their stages, light their buildings in red and use hashtag #WeMakeEvents to symbolize the struggle of the industry, which has been shuttered since March, 2020 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
By the Numbers
The live entertainment industry is a cornerstone of the U.S. economy. It employs over 12 million people and provides upwards of $1 trillion in economic impact – more than the transportation, agriculture and tourism industries. However, due to the global pandemic, the live events industry is in grave danger. A devastating number of arts professionals are currently out of work and will be for some time, with the pandemic having shut down nearly all entertainment functions in all sectors.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic the industry has been completely shattered reporting that:
- 95% of entertainment events have been cancelled.
- 62% of entertainment workers are fully unemployed.
- 94% of entertainment workers have lost income.
- The average arts worker reports $23,500 in losses thus far.
- 66% of entertainment workers are unable to access spaces, staff, resources, or supplies needed to do their jobs.
* According to AmericansForTheArts.org
How You Can Help
As theatres, concert tours, festivals, opera houses, trade shows, and other live events as well as film and television production remain closed, or open on a very limited basis, the entire industry is impacted. You can help by:
- On or before September 1, capture dark sets and stages with a ghostlight
- On or before September 1, light your venue red (for RED ALERT) using your exterior building LEDs or anything you have in place – if you absolutely need equipment, please email email@example.com with production needs before 8/30
- On or before September 1, display #WeMakeEvents with your changeable lettering or our pre-created graphics below on your marquee or electronic billboard
• Click HERE for Graphics Files
• If you need artwork to be resized, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- On or before September 1, station crew outside your venue wearing #WeMakeEvents t-shirts (wearing masks & social distancing) for a quick photo capture – please DO NOT gather at any time and always follow all state regulations
• Contact email@example.com to coordinate pickup of free #WeMakeEvents t-shirts your team
• Due to COVID regulations, pickups MUST BE SCHEDULED ahead of time – please wear a mask to your pickup
• T-Shirt pickups will be hosted from 10am-2pm on Monday 8/31 at the following locations:
o Brown Note Productions: 471 E 124th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241
o Rhino Staging: 3850 Mariposa St, Denver, CO 80211
o Aggie Theatre: 204 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Conscious Alliance has joined #WeMakeEvents to distribute meals to out-of-work industry workers in the area on 9/1
• DONATE HERE to provide a meal
- CLICK HERE to donate to Positive Legacy’s COVID-19 Relief Fund to benefit event gig workers who have been actively involved with live music events and are currently out of work.
Capture & Share Content for Your Venue
Make sure to capture impactful photos and videos of your venue’s activation! You can start sharing content immediately to show you are participating as well as on Sept 1 (Share THIS POST from We Make Events North America)
- UPLOAD ALL CONTENT: Shared Venue Google Drive (Include venue name in each file example: RedRocks-1.jpg)
- SHARE ON YOUR SOCIALS using #WeMakeEvents
• Tag We Make Events North America: FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
Please let us know if you would like to be involved and how you plan to participate – Thank you!