The Fort Collins Symphony Presents Final Concert of Season 2021-22: “Intense, Playful & Serene”
The award-winning Fort Collins Symphony (FCS), under the baton of Maestro Wes Kenney, will perform its final in-person* Signature Concert of the 2021-2022 season at 7:30 PM on Saturday, May 14, 2022 at the Fort Collins Lincoln Center. This performance–Intense, Playful & Serene–features composer Chen Yi’s Ge Xu (Antiphony), an intense, high-spirited, and hopeful tribute to Southern China’s Zhuang minority people and their celebratory song styles. Composer Claude Debussy accesses playful emotions in his Children’s Corner, a suite dedicated to his young daughter and her favorite toys. He turns to impressionistic sensuality in his tone poem Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun. Finally, Robert Schumann expresses both the tenacity and serenity of earth’s annual awakening in his composition Symphony No. 1, Spring.
*For any unable to attend the live performance, the FCS now offers a live-stream concert option. See details at LCTix.com.
For educational information about the concert, please:
- Visit www.FCSymphony.org for concert program notes by Dr. Dawn Grapes and Dr. William E. Runyan. Free.
- Tune into Maestro Kenney’s World of Symphonic Music at 7 p.m. on Sundays at KRFC 88.9 FM Radio Fort Collins 88.9 FM. Free.
- Attend Dr. Dawn Grapes’ Composer Talk in person at Old Town Library at noon on Wednesday, May 11, 2022. Free.
- Join the FCS at Open Rehearsal in-person at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, 2022 at the Lincoln Center. Free.
- Listen to Maestro’s Musings in-person or live stream at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 14, 2022 at the Lincoln Center. With purchase of concert ticket.
Signature Concert 5 is sponsored by Caroline Bunch, Dr. Peter Springberg and Janet Kowall, Kilwins Chocolates and Ice Cream, and Paul Wood Florist. The Fort Collins Symphony’s 2021-2022 Season is sponsored by the City of Fort Collins Fort Fund, Colorado Creative Industries, Dr. David and Alison Dennis, Lyric Theater, National Endowment for the Arts. Dr. Ed Siegel, and Dr. Peter Springberg and Janet Kowall. Media sponsors are KRFC 88.9 FM Radio Fort Collins and KUNC 91.5 FM Radio NPR.