10 Free Health Care Programs at FRCC
Scholarships will cover all tuition, fees & course materials for the college’s fast-track career paths in health-related occupations
Coloradans who want a new career in health care can now complete one of FRCC’s certificate programs in the following medical fields—at no cost.
These programs can all be completed in a year (or less) to start a new career:
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician—26 credits (2 semesters)
- Clinical Emergency Medical Technician—24 credits (2 semesters)
- Dental Assisting—46 credits (2 semesters)
- Emergency Medical Technician—12 credits (1 semester)
- Integrative Health & Wellness Coaching—24 credits (2 semesters)
- Massage Therapy—20 credits (3 semesters)
- Medical Assistant—26 credits (2 semesters)
- Nurse Aide (CNA)—5 credits (1 semester)
- Phlebotomy—5 credits (1 semester)
- Sterile Processing—18 credits (1 semester)
Health care jobs are some of the fastest-growing in Colorado and provide a wage that can support a family. In a year or less, trainees can learn the skills they need to start working in one of these high-growth careers.
“These medical positions are critical in Colorado’s health care facilities,” said FRCC President Colleen Simpson, EdD. “We’re training the workers who will care for all of us when we need it—while helping our students quickly start rewarding careers.”
Starting this semester, FRCC students who enroll in one of these 10 health care certificate programs will have their tuition, fees and course materials covered by scholarships. The funding is provided by the state’s Care Forward Colorado grant program.
All that FRCC students have to do to receive the scholarship money is apply for financial aid. Whatever isn’t covered by financial aid will be covered by Care Forward dollars through fall 2025.
FRCC will receive approximately $5.6 million for its students in these health care programs. Students who are already in these programs can receive reimbursement through Care Forward.
Once students earn their certificate, they’ll be well prepared to begin working in health care, continue their education, or both.
Ready for your next step?
Launch your health care career with Care Forward Colorado. Get free, short-term training at FRCC: