FRCC Earns Continued Accreditation
Front Range Community College has earned ten-year continued accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
An HLC team of peer reviewers evaluated the college’s educational quality, community responsiveness, and commitment to continuous improvement.
The team reviewed extensive written evidence and met with more than 400 faculty, staff, and community members.
Specific findings include:
- FRCC’s mission is clear and guides operations. The mission statement is “At Front Range Community College, we enrich lives through learning.”
- FRCC acts with integrity. Its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- FRCC provides high-quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- FRCC demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes to promote continuous improvement.
- FRCC’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities.After meeting with a large group of online and on-campus students, the peer reviewers wrote, “Some who had attended university classes also felt that the quality of instruction was rigorous and compared favorably with the quality of university instruction.”
The peer reviewers also wrote, “Although there are certainly challenges that FRCC and its supporting communities will face, the college is clearly well positioned to benefit the communities served.”
The peer reviewers submitted a report of its findings to the HLC’s Institutional Actions Council. The council approved FRCC’s continued accreditation. A review will be conducted in four years, with the next comprehensive evaluation in 10 years.
The Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional accreditation agencies in the United States, is headquartered at 230 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Ill. It can be reached at 1-800-621-7440 or at https://www.hlcommission.org/.
About Front Range Community College
FRCC offers nearly 100 degree and certificate programs from locations in Boulder County, Larimer County, Westminster, and Brighton, and online. FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System.
About the Colorado Community College System
The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) is the state’s largest system of higher education, serving 137,000 students annually at 13 colleges and 39 locations across Colorado. Our open access mission ensures all Coloradans who aspire to enrich their lives have access to quality higher education opportunities. The System Office provides leadership, advocacy and support to the colleges under the direction of the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education (SBCCOE).