Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce Announces Finalists For 2016 Small Business of the Year Awards
The Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce has announced 12 finalists for the 2016 Small Business of the Year Awards. Finalists were selected from four different categories including businesses with 1-10 employees, 11-50 employees, 51-200 employees, and New Kid on the Block, celebrating businesses in operation for less than three years. The 2016 Small Business of the Year Awards will be presented on Thursday, May 26, 2016, at 7:30 a.m. at Marriott Fort Collins.
The breakfast will feature keynote speaker, Richard Bisson, President and CEO of Water Pik, Inc. Bisson has been led the international company, headquartered in Fort Collins, since 2006.
The finalists for the 2016 Small Business of the Year Awards are:
For the small company category (1-10 employees):
- Eger CPA Co. – Trusted advisors and accountants who combine traditional accounting with innovative thinking
- Outpost Sunsport – a local and nationally recognized specialty ski, snowboard, and patio shop
- Vern’s Toffee – a family-owned and operated maker of award-winning butter almond toffee, distributed across the United States
For the medium company category (11-50 employees):
- Big O Tires Fort Collins – a full-service tire and auto shop, with three community-driven locations across the city
- Flexx Productions – an event rental company providing tents and seasoned expertise for events of any size
- Frameworks Timber – a custom home builder in northern Colorado, evolved over 20 years from a carpentry business and focused on a culture of servant leadership
For the large company category (51-200 employees):
- Burke Cleaners – a family-owned dry cleaning service with nine locations across the Front Range
- High Country Beverage – an independent and family-owned distributor of America’s most beloved beers for 20 years
- Merit Electric – an employee owned full-service design-build contractor, serving the Front Range and southern Wyoming
For the New Kid on the Block category (business in operation for less than three years):
- 970 Services – a roofing, restoration, and carpet cleaning service with the mission to exceed customer expectations every day
- Elevate Chiropractic – a chiropractic office specializing in advanced, neurologically based corrective care for the whole family
- Road Warrior Creative– a digital agency specializing in online presence optimization for companies of all sizes
The event kicks off a day of celebrating local small businesses and will continue with the annual Business After Hours Tradeshow from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., also at the Fort Collins Marriott, located at 350 E. Horsetooth Road.
Tickets for the awards breakfast are now available for purchase for $40 for individual members, $50 for non-members or $350 for a table of 10. Booth space is also available for the After Hours Tradeshow and both can be purchased at fortcollinschamber.com or by calling (970) 482-3746.
The Small Business of the Year Awards are underwritten by First National Bank, JAX Mercantile, Mantooth Marketing Company, The Light Center, Hunt, Spillman & Associates, P.C., Total Facility Care, Coan, Payton & Payne, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.