Construction Update Notification: Work begins at Prospect Road as work on the CO 402 and I-25 interchange continues I-25 North Express Lanes Project: Johnstown to Fort Collins
Crews will begin initial earthwork in the I-25 median at Prospect Road and the first phase of construction on the new bridge over I-25 to the south of the existing bridge. Bridge foundation work will include drilling caissons and pile-driving. Work in this area will not have any impacts to traffic along Prospect Road until fall 2019.
Daytime electrical, sign and guardrail installation, as well as detention pond work, will take place east of I-25 at Colorado Highway 392. Crews will also continue paving operations under the CO 392 bridge on the new northbound I-25 lanes. Flagging operations will be in place on the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 392, Monday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Reconstruction work progresses at the I-25 and Colorado Highway 402 interchange as crews pave the new northbound I-25 lanes. Flagging operations will be in place on CO 402 east of I-25, Monday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Underground pipe installation and asphalt paving will take place near the new SE Frontage Road at East County Road 18. A portion of East County Road 18 will experience intermittent lane closures creating a one-lane road, Monday and Tuesday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Work is ongoing on CO 402 west of I-25 as crews continue earthwork operations on the southbound I-25 off-ramp to CO 402. Crews will also perform curb and gutter construction on CO 402 and along the new southbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 402. Flagging operations will be in place on CO 402 west of I-25, Monday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Crews will continue installing caissons for the noise wall near the Mountain Range Shadows Community. A portion of the West Frontage Road, just north of East County Road 30 to North Peakview Drive, will experience intermittent lane closures creating a one-lane road, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Lane closures from Sunday, June 2 through Saturday, June 8:
- Monday – Tuesday: Daytime intermittent lane closures on E County Road 18 at the new SE Frontage Road creating a single lane road in this area.
- Monday – Friday: Daytime intermittent lane closures on the West Frontage Road just north of East County Road 30 to North Peakview Drive creating a single lane road in this area.
- Monday – Saturday: Daytime flagger assistance on the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 392.
- Monday – Saturday: Daytime flagger assistance on CO 402 east and west of I-25.
Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change. Please watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting mainline I-25 and obey all posted signage in construction zones. Your safety and the safety of our crews is our highest priority.
The I-25 North Express Lanes Project provides a Courtesy Patrol during commute hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.) to assist with disabled vehicles within the project limits.
To stay up-to-date on construction information and keep yourself informed on I-25 North Express Lanes: Johnstown to Fort Collins Project news, call the Project hotline at 720-593-1996 or sign up for emails at [email protected].
More information about this project is available at:
- The project website: https://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25/johnstown-to-fort-collins/johnstown-fort-collins
Information about other projects and road conditions can be found at:
- Sign up for project or travel alerts: 511.cotrip.org
- See scheduled lane closures: codot.gov/travel/scheduled-lane-closures.html
- Connect with us on Twitter (@coloradodot) and Facebook (facebook.com/coloradodot)
For information about the I-25 Express Lanes Project: 120th to Northwest Parkway/E470 please visit https://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25/NorthI-25/120thNorth or https://www.cotrip.org/home.htm.