Aims Center for Workforce Development and Innovation Presents Public Seminars and Courses
The Aims Center for Workforce Development and Innovation is helping businesses in Northern Colorado train and retain employees through a series of public seminars and courses beginning this spring. Training topics are focused on in-demand skills that support growing industries in our region. Upcoming seminars include:
Lean Seminar Series
This series includes 11 classes that may be taken individually, or sign up for all of them at a discounted price. Learn how to become a Lean Practitioner within your company. Courses in this series will be hosted on the Greeley campus from 1-5 pm. Classes Include:
- Introduction to Lean with a Simulation | April 5
- 5S and Visual Management | April 19
- Kaizen Events | May 3
- Inventory Management and Kanban | May 17
- Value Stream Mapping | June 14
- Gemba Walk & Facility Layout | June 28
- Standard Work and Six Sigma | July 12
- Seven Tools of Quality | July 26
- Root Cause Analysis & A3 Problem Solving | Aug. 9
- Total Productive Maintenance | Aug. 23
- Management Systems for Lean Leaders | Sept. 13
April 7, 14, 21 & 28 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Basics of Employment Law
March 30 | 1 – 5 p.m.
April 6 | 8 a.m. – noon
Fire Extinguisher Hands-on Training
April 28 | 8 – 10 a.m.
OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Course
May 9 – 12 | 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.