Nationally-Renowned Speaker Coming to Fort Collins
Here’s your deal of the year. On the morning of May 10, best-selling author Dan Heath will be at the Hilton in Fort Collins. Books he has co-authored with his brother, Chip, include: The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact; Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work; Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard; and Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die. Mr. Heath is a senior fellow at Duke University’s Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE), which has a mission of preparing leaders and organizations with business skills to achieve lasting social change.
Who Should Attend? Anybody interested in self- and professional development; anybody wanting a mental kick in the pants to super-charge their year.
- “I read this cover to cover and learned something new on each page. Beautifully written, brilliantly researched–I’m recommending it to everyone I know!”—Angela Duckworth, New York Times bestselling author of Grit
- “The most interesting, immediately actionable book I’ve read in quite a while. I walked away with new ideas for motivating employees, delighting customers, engaging students, and even planning family vacations. If life is a series of moments, the Heath brothers have transformed how I plan to spend mine.”—Adam Grant, New York Times bestselling author of Give and Take, Originals, and Option B with Sheryl Sandberg
- “This terrific book is bursting with practical insights and memorable stories on every page. It’s as relevant to product designers and meeting planners as it is to teachers and parents. I’ve already put many of its novel suggestions to work. Don’t miss it.”—Eric Ries, author of bestselling author of The Lean Startup, The Startup Way
- “You’d be a dummy not to take advantage to this opportunity to hear and interact with one of America’s top business thinkers right here in Fort Collins.” – David May, President & CEO, Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce (Okay, I didn’t actually find this one on the web! And, I don’t think you would be a dummy for not attending, but it will be a great event and cool opportunity to hear a great speaker. Why would you pass that up?!)
How to Register. The event will be at the Fort Collins Hilton 425 W Prospect Road on Friday May 10, 9:30 – 11:15 a.m. Tickets cost $80 for Chamber Members, $100 for non-members. You can REGISTER HERE.
Sponsors. Many of the community’s top businesses and organizations are supporting this event.
- Platinum Sponsor:Woodward
- Gold Sponsor:UCHealth
- Silver Sponsors:First National Bank and Plante Moran
- Bronze Sponsors:Banner Health, LOCALiQ and NAI Affinity
- Supporting Sponsors: Brock and Company, CPAs, P.C., Canvas Credit Union, Chapel & Collins, CSU Ventures, Ed Carroll Motor Company, Elevations Credit Union, First Bank of Northern Colorado, Flood and Peterson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, High Country Beverage, Larimer County, Markley Motors LLC, Northern Engineering, OfficeScapes and Poudre River Public Library.
Get a Book: Old Firehouse Books will be on site selling Dan Heath and Chip Heath books.