Money Smart Week 2017 April 24-April 29
Money Smart Week is six days of focused presentations by community groups, financial institution, government agencies, educational organizations and financial experts; all designed to help consumers learn to better manage their personal finances. Poudre River Public Library District works with Public Service Credit Union, Colorado State University Extension Services and First National Bank to bring Money Smart Week to our community
Monday April 24 6:30-7:30 – Which Budget App Right for You? Harmony Library Community Room
• In this workshop, we will review and compare several apps; their costs, features and options. Come and explore how these tools could make your financial future a piece of cake. Presented Nancy Patton, Public Service Credit Union
Tuesday April 25 6:30-7:30 – Credit Score Management Harmony Library Community Room
• Learn how to obtain your reports and scores, and understand specific strategies to improve your score. Understanding the scoring system empowers you to control your score. Presented by Nancy Patton, Public Service Credit Union
Wednesday April 26 10:00-11:00 – Secrets to a Great Job Interview Harmony Library Community Room
• What are the secrets to being great in a job interview? You need to tell specific stories from your past in a compelling way that show you are the perfect candidate. In this job and career class, Jim Brokish, an interview coach and retired Hewlett Packard manager, will give real examples; discuss why this works, and how you can make it work for you.
Wednesday April 26 6:30-7:30 – Advancing your Career Harmony Library Community Room
• Advancing your career is a great tactic for improving your overall financial health. This class will cover hot jobs, workforce trends, free resources, paying for professional advice, plus tips for using LinkedIn. We’ll explore options that apply whether you want to stay in your current industry or try something new. Presented by Larimer County Work Force Center staff
Thursday April 27 3:00-4:00 — Medicare and You Harmony Library Community Room
• Medicare is a lot like alphabet soup with all its parts and plans. This class will break it down so that your rights and options become clear and manageable. Learn about enrollment periods, employer plans, Medicare Supplements, and how it all fits into your healthcare planning. Presented by Robin Hastings, Licensed Medicare Agent
Friday April 28 9:00-11:00 – LinkedIn for Job Searching Harmony Library Community Room
• In this job and career class, learn the basics of LinkedIn and how it can help you with your job search. Participants will have time to work on their LinkedIn profiles in the second half of the class.
Saturday April 29 12:00-1:00 – Budgeting and Savings for Teens Council Tree Library
• Teens will learn how to get financially fit; how to create a spending plan, track expenses, set goals, find new ways to save, learn about financial tools and resources. Presented by First National Bank staff.
Date: Monday, April 24th
Time: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Company: Poudre River Public Library District
Location: Harmony Library, 4616 S. Shields St., Fort Collins