Fort Collins Book Festival: The Big Think
The FREE, two-day 2018 Fort Collins Book Festival, The Big Think, features visionaries, authors, and big thinkers who are not afraid to ask “Why?” “What if?” and “What else?” and to examine the broad-based social implications of the answers to these questions. Visit www.FoCoBookFest.org for full author lineup, schedule, and to register for free writing workshops.
More than 35 authors, storytellers, scientists, and creative visionaries combine during the free, two-day literary arts festival to bring panel discussions, readings, presentations, writing workshops, and more to spark curiosity and to celebrate books, literacy, and libraries.
• Andy Weir, bestselling sci-fi author of The Martian and Artemis
• Dr. Sheila Rowan, director of the Institute of Gravitational Research
• Dr. Adam Becker, astrophysicist, author of What is Real?
• Kimiko Hahn, award-winning poet and author of Brain Fever and Toxic Flora
• Dr. Amanda Hendrix, planetary scientist and author of Beyond Earth
• Bill Ritter, director of the Center for the New Energy Economy at Colorado State University, former Colorado governor, and author of Powering Forward
Expanded to two days!
There will also be a variety of other science and technology-related authors as well as local literary voices and poets like Natalie Giarratano, Todd Mitchell, Aby Kaupang, Matthew Cooperman, and John Calderazzo. The festival includes expanded writing workshops, author readings, panel discussions, speaker presentations, book sales and signings, and more.
The FoCo Book Fest is produced by Poudre River Public Library District in partnership with Colorado State University’s Morgan Library. #FoCoBookFest #FoCoBooks
Date: Saturday, October 20th
Time: 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Company: Poudre River Public Library District
Location: Venues throughout Old Town Fort Collins