Building Community: Professional Development
Last week the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce launched our inaugural cohort of A Pint of Professional Development. 35 emerging professionals were selected to participate in this content-driven professional development course.
The class consists of enthusiastic, eager professionals investing in themselves by expanding their understanding of 4 topic areas. With content presented by Dr. Erica Michalski of Strategically Authentic, our participants are learning about the following topics:
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making
- Practical Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication & Feedback
Content-driven sessions are hosted every other week for four sessions at Odell Brewery’s Community Room. On the off-weeks, participants are encouraged to join Dr. Erika and Chamber staff at optional office hours. This is an opportunity to network with classmates and dive deeper into the content. Thank you to Horse & Dragon Brewing Company for hosting our office hour sessions.
And a special congratulations to our first cohort for the program:
- Joshua Alcantar, Waypoint Bank
- Lydia Baker, Espire Dental
- Leah Barter, Vado Clothing Co.
- Kaylee Bott, FNBO
- Benjamin Braley, Get Plattered
- Tucker Carver, FNBO
- Sabra Charpentier, Double S Group
- Michael China, JBA Wealth Management Group
- Miles Coon, Robert Half
- Mallory Corcoran, Canvas Credit Union
- Amanda (Mandy) Denton, Solomon & Associates, Ameriprise Financial
- Gage Duncan, Fort Fun
- DeLayni Funkhouser Fine, Dynamic Homes of Colorado
- Aaron Goodman, Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather, L.L.P.
- Kyle Gruver, MHP
- Tate Hedgespeth, City of Loveland
- Charissa Irizarry, Ben & Jerry’s
- Kai Kitagawa, GH Phipps Construction Companies
- Nick Kuehn, eXp Realty
- Elizabeth Little, Food Bank for Larimer County
- Sophie Matthews, Colorado State University Alumni Association
- Karlyn McFarland, Housing Catalyst
- Kelsey McIntosh, Mark Sharman, CPA, PC
- Andy McNitt, Independent Financial
- Todd Noteboom, The Matthews House
- Lindsay Oliver, Ripley Design, Inc
- Leif Osmundson, The Beck Group
- Kendal Perez, Platte River Power Authority
- Katelyn Pons, Fort Collins Country Club
- Jessica Schultz, Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County
- Bryce Spindel, Madwire
- Dillon Starck, Lamp, Rynearson & Associates, Inc.
- Kyle Uhlenhopp, City of Fort Collins
- Sarah Wheeler, The Still Whiskey Steaks
Each participant was asked to identify an Employer Accountability Contact such as a manager or support person. Dr. Erika sends details on what was covered each session to these accountability contacts with prompts to encourage discussion around the emerging professional’s newfound knowledge. This system allows the opportunity for our participants to bring what they are learning into their professional role.
The Fort Collins Chamber is excited to watch these emerging professionals grow through these four sessions as they learn new skills and expand their network through their classmates. Keep an eye out for future professional development opportunities with your Chamber!