2016 Will Be Big Road Construction Year
While winter is certainly not over, recent warm temperatures got me thinking about the upcoming construction season, especially road construction
Last year was a doozy and this year promises to be its equal. In 2015, between the state, county and city transportation departments some of the biggest projects included:
- Replacement of the Poudre River bridge on Mulberry near Riverside
- Rebuilding the Horsetooth-Timberline intersection
- North College improvements
- Improvements to College Avenue at the new Foothills Mall
- Resurfacing of College Avenue / Highway 287 in south of Fort Collins
- A roundabout at Vine-Shields
- Improvements on Lemay Avenue
- Road and bridge improvements on North Shields
Add to that the resurfacing of neighborhood streets and getting around town was challenging.
2016 will see major construction of two of the city’s busiest streets: College Avenue and Prospect. The biggest projects include
- Timberline-Prospect intersection improvements
- Rebuilding of the East Prospect Boxelder Bridges
- Drake-Shields intersection improvements
- An underpass will be built under College Avenue at the Foothills Mall
- Improvements will be made to Lincoln Avenue from the Poudre River Bridge to Lemay
- College Avenue through the heart of town will be disrupted with re-surfacing operations.
You can find a presentation HERE that gives an overview of the above-mentioned projects.
Go to http://www.fcgov.com/transportation/construction.php for the latest construction plans and to sign up for Facebook and Twitter alerts.