Star-Spangled Summer Reading List
That was quick. One moment it’s April, then bam, 4th of July! The first half of 2018 flew by.
As you know, sometimes I offer up a summer reading list. While a bit late, here’s a patriotic summer reading list suited for the 4th.
On my current summer reading list:
- Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence, Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard
- American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House, by Jon Meacham
- Jefferson: Architect of American Liberty, by John Boles
- The Great Revolt: Inside the Populist Coalition Reshaping American Politics, by Salena Zito and Brad Todd
Books I just finished:
- Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America’s Destiny, by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
- James Madison: A Life Reconsidered, by Lynne Cheney
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, by Jordan Peterson
Books I’ve read in the past and worth a look:
- Washington’s Crossing, by David Hackett Fischer
- Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow
- John Adams, by David McCullough
- 1776, by David McCullough
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation, by Joseph Ellis
- American Creation, by Joseph Ellis
To all of our retail, bar and restaurant members open on the 4th, here’s hoping it’s a profitable day for you.
To all, have a great holiday. We are fortunate to be alive today in the greatest country on the planet, something to ponder between beers, bbq, and sparklers.