Try the FLEX Express Bus Service for Free January 18-22, 2016
FLEX service between Fort Collins and Boulder begins Monday, January 18, 2016. If you’ve been waiting for inexpensive, direct, easy transit service along the North Front Range, FLEX is here to take you where you need to go.
The community is invited to try the service for free during its first week of service, January 18-22, 2016. Two special events will take place January 21 in Fort Collins and Boulder to mark the start of service and the growing connections between Fort Collins and Boulder.
Event Details: Thursday, January 21, 2016
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Colorado State University, MAX University Station Platform – Service Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Guest speakers include:
- Gerry Horak – Fort Collins Mayor Pro Tem
- Tom Milligan – Colorado State University (CSU) Vice President for External Relations
- Aaron Fodge – CSU’s Alternative Transportation Manager
- Kurt Ravenschlag – Transfort’s General Manager
- Darin Atteberry – City of Fort Collins City Manager
Members of CSU’s Association of Students of Colorado State University (ASCSU) will also be in attendance and will ride FLEX to Boulder to participate in the events on the University of Colorado’s Boulder campus. Light refreshments will be served; FLEX information will be available.
The media is especially invited to attend and ride the bus to Boulder and back.
2:30-3:30 p.m.: University of Colorado, Boulder, Euclid and 18th Street, University Memorial Center (UMC) Plaza
Guest speakers include:
- Mary Young – Boulder Mayor Pro Tem
- Elise Jones – Boulder County Commissioner
- Chuck Sisk – RTD District O Representative
- Tom McGann – CU’s Director for Parking & Transportation Services
- Dennis Coombs – City of Longmont
- Kurt Ravenschlag – Transfort GM
Light refreshments will be served, including special human-powered bicycle blended drinks. FLEX information will be available.
Transfort, the City of Fort Collins’ transit department, will be operating the year-round, Monday through Friday service. The new FLEX route is made possible by a grant from the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) received by Boulder County, and partnerships with the City of Boulder, City of Longmont, and City of Loveland The route and schedule is available at ridetransfort.com/FLEX.
Transit service has been a top request of commuters traveling between the universities and other destinations within the communities. Potential riders include University of Colorado Boulder (CU) and Colorado State University (CSU) faculty, staff and students, and community members needing public transit for work, appointments and leisure.
FLEX Express Service Highlights
- Express trips between Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins, with limited stops, allowing a travel time that is comparable to auto drive times.
- $1.25 one-way fare, 60 cents for seniors and disabled, Transfort passes, COLT passes, RTD EcoPasses and RTD CollegePasses accepted.
- CSU faculty, staff and students ride free with their RAMCards.
- Free WiFi – work while you commute.
- Weekday service during peak commuting times.
- Transfort technology provides real-time bus arrival information.
Transfort is the City of Fort Collins public transportation provider. Transfort offers friendly, safe, convenient bus service in Fort Collins and beyond. MAX, Dial-A-Ride, FLEX and the Green and Gold routes are all services of Transfort. The system was named “Large Transit System of the Year” at the 2013 and 2014 Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA)/Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Fall Transit Conference and Expo. ridetransfort.com.