SONIC Drive-In Donates to Fort Collins Area Schools this Teacher Appreciation Month
In May, SONIC donated $1.5 million to support local education across the country
In honor of May’s Teacher Appreciation Month, SONIC Drive-In’s SONIC Foundation donated $1.5 million to match all public contributions made to requests on DonorsChoose, a national nonprofit that allows individuals to donate directly to public school classroom requests submitted by teachers.
As part of SONIC’s ongoing Limeades for Learning initiative, the $1.5 million donation matched 50 percent of each donation made to all teacher requests. SONIC helped fully fund nearly 15,300 projects from teachers and schools across the country including eight exceptional teachers in Fort Collins, Colorado who received a combined donation of $549.00 from SONIC.
The following are among the exceptional teachers who received funding:
- Ms. Alex at Bauder Elementary School for the project “I Am Strong! I Am Resilient! I Am In Kindergarten!” for Grades PreK-2
- Ms. Rajnowski at Blevins Middle School for the project “A Classroom That Meets Kids Where They Are” for Grades 6-8
- Mr. King at Kruse Elementary School for the project “Organized Engineering Is Proactive Intelligence” for Grades 3-5
- Ms. Barker at Laurel Elementary School for the project “Whiteboard Desks Are the Way to Go!” for Grades PreK-2
- Mrs. Sears at O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary School for the project “Endless Collaboration With Dry Erase Table” for Grades PreK-2
- Ms. Butler at O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary School for the project “Great Tools Build Great Math Minds!” for Grades 3-5
- Ms. Lesar at Putnam School of Science for the project “Little Independent Learners” for Grades PreK-2
- Ms. Heidi Thompson at Rocky Mountain High School for the project “Regulation Tools” for Grades 9-12
“SONIC is invested in supporting the local communities served by our more than 3,500 locations, and we’re proud of the impact we’ve made over the past 14 years through Limeades for Learning,” said Lori Abou Habib, Chief Marketing Officer of SONIC. “We’re grateful to all the SONIC guests who joined us in celebrating teachers this month by donating to a classroom request on DonorsChoose, and those who continue to help us support public education by grabbing their favorite SONIC drink and having a portion of the purchase go towards helping a nearby public school.”
Through the SONIC Limeades for Learning initiative, the brand donates a portion of proceeds from every drink, slush and shake purchase to the SONIC Foundation, which is used to support local public education.* Since 2009, SONIC has donated more than $26 million to funding local classrooms, becoming one of the largest programs to support public education in the U.S.
Visit www.DonorsChoose.org and donate to one or more of the thousands of public school teacher requests seeking support to provide students with educational resources.
About SONIC® Drive-In
SONIC, founded in 1953, is the largest drive-in restaurant brand in the United States, with more than 3,500 restaurants in 47 states. SONIC is part of the Inspire Brands family of restaurants. For more information, visit www.sonicdrivein.com and www.inspirebrands.com.
*SONIC donates a portion of every Drink, Slush, and Shake purchase to the SONIC Foundation, which is used to support local schools across the communities SONIC serves through partners like DonorsChoose. The SONIC Foundation is a division of the Inspire Brands Foundation. For more information about the SONIC Foundation, visit foundation.sonicdrivein.com.