PSD Fall break Extended to Nov. 22-26, 2021
not be open to the public. This change means that fall break is now Nov. 22-26.
PSD’s decision, which aligns with those made by districts along the Front Range, was made for a couple of reasons.
First, we anticipate significant staffing shortages close to the fall break. Simply put, there aren’t enough people to provide the coverage needed to care for students across the district.
At the same time, we know that many of our staff, students and families are facing unique challenges. People are feeling worn down or downright exhausted. Our hope is that these days off provide some opportunities for respite.
Key need-to-know information:
- Students should take anything they need over the break home by Friday, Nov. 19.
- Any currently enrolled PSD student may get free meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 22-23 at Eyestone Elementary School in Wellington; or Rocky Mountain High School, Fossil Ridge High School, Poudre High School or Fort Collins High School in Fort Collins. Each day, they can expect to pick up lunch with breakfast for the next day. Meals will not be served Nov. 24-26. There will also be mobile meal buses parked at some designated locations in the communities we serve. More info will be posted soon on the School Meals web page. >>
- AlphaBEST will provide childcare from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 22-24 at O’Dea and Werner elementary schools in Fort Collins. Services will not be available Nov. 25-26. Families who have not used AlphaBEST before can sign up for some or all days. Visit www.alphabest.org/poudreco/ for more information.
- All community facility rentals will be canceled Nov. 22-23.
- All activities, extracurriculars, events and athletics (competitions and practices) are canceled Nov. 22-23. Practices will happen as planned, unless otherwise communicated by coaches, Nov. 24, 26 and 27.
- The Nov. 23 Board of Education meetings will proceed, as planned.