Leadership Fort Collins graduates 32nd class
The 2013-2014 Leadership Fort Collins class will receive their diplomas on May 8 at the Rio Grande Agave Room. Leadership Fort Collins, a program of the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, is designed to educate and motivate leaders who are committed to shaping the future of our community while encouraging inspired and active involvement that contributes to the betterment of the community.
Thirty-one current and emerging leaders from throughout the Fort Collins area were selected to participate in the 2013-2014 program, which began in September 2013 and will conclude on May 8. Participants came together on the second Thursday of the month for a day-long session to learn more about Team Building, Government and Transportation, Economy and the Environment, Education and our Community, Social Capital, State Government, Health and Emergency Service Providers and Social Infrastructure.. The graduating class is a diverse mix of professions with representative from education, large and small business, not for profit and government.
In addition to attending eight all day educational sessions, members of the class were also challenged to complete a service learning project in the community. The 2013-2014 Leadership Fort Collins Class has planned and produced six difference class projects benefiting various programs in the Fort Collins area.
In addition to recognition of individual class members, the Leadership Fort Collins Graduation will feature keynote addresses by Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies President & CEO Kevin Unger and Columbine Health Systems Direct Yvonne Myers. The graduation event, sponsored by Blue Mesa Group and FirstBank, will be held May 8 at 6pm at the Rio Agave Room. Tickets for the event are available now at the Fort Collins Chamber, (970) 482-3746. Cost to attend is $50.
Graduating members of the class include:
- Jim Broyles, Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Carol Cochran, Horse & Dragon Brewing Co.
- Lauren Ives, Brinkman Partners
- Jennifer Cooper-Miller, Associates in Family Medicine
- Lindsey Corcoran, Hot Corner Concepts
- Dr. Bethany Cox, Mountain Wellness
- Mark Culloton, Austin’s American Grill
- Craig Depperschmidt, Rebound Sports & Physical Therapy
- Michelle Finchum, City of Fort Collins – Utilities
- Katie Flint, ColoradoStateUniversity
- Heather Greenacre, City of Fort Collins
- Joey Hansen, Group Mortgage, LLC
- Roger Harvey, American Eagle Distributing Co.
- Landon Hoover, Hartford Homes, Inc.
- Clint Jasperson, Thrivent
- Dean Klingner, City of Fort Collins
- Kim Kuster Dale, Front RangeCommunity College
- Jess Laner, C3 Real Estate Solutions
- Jenny Maeda, Synergos, AMC
- Jamie Martin, Foothills Gateway, Inc.
- Luke McFetridge, NewMarkMerrillMountainStates
- Michael Nagl, Warren Federal Credit Union
- Lindsey Rohrbaugh, Visit Fort Collins
- Ryan Sahd, FirstBank
- Melanie Sedlak, Houtchens, Greenfield & Sedlak, LLC
- Doug Smith, Fort Collins Brewery
- Andrew Stewart, Stewart Environmental Consultants, LLC
- Rick VanderVelde, Poudre Fire Authority
- Marcella Wells, Wells Resources, Inc.
- Emily Wilson, Rocky Mountain Innosphere
- Jason Wolvington, Fort CollinsMuseum of Discovery
The program was produced by the Fort Collins Area Chamber with assistance from a steering committee:
- Kate Baker, Brinkman Partners
- Pat Barlow, Blue Mesa
- John Berkhausen, Cache Bank
- Melinda Brown, Alzheimer’s Association
- Heath Buoniconti, Food Bank for LarimerCounty
- Gary Clark, Century 21 Humpal
- Shannon Hein, Mantooth
- Diane Jones, City of Fort Collins
- SeonAh Kendall, City of Fort Collins
- Amy Kolczak, University of Colorado Health
- Sarah Kruse, Luck Penny
- Colette MacFarlane, Elwood Staffing
- Amanda Miller, The Place Setting Company
- Connie O’Brien
- Donna Reiser, CSU Alumni Association
- Rochelle Reynolds, Ehrlich Motors
- Jodie Riesenberger, National Park Conservation Association
- Teresa Sedlak, Touchstone Health Partners
- Kirk Silos, Pelican Lakes Bar and Restaurant
- Brad Ward, FRII
- Dan Weinheimer, City of Fort Collins
- Emily Wilmsen, City of Fort Collins
Applications for the 2014-2015 Leadership Fort Collins program, sponsored by Soukup, Bush & Associates, will be available in mid-June. Anyone interested in learning more about the program or applying should contact Ann Hutchison at (970) 482-3746 or [email protected]
About the Fort Collins Area Chamber
The Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce is the leading membership-based organization in Northern Colorado, dedicated to helping business succeed. Investing in the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce puts members in contact with more that 1,100 business owners and managers in the market. For more that 100 years, the Fort Collins Area Chamber has influenced efforts to maintain and grow the business community in Fort Collins. For more information about the Chamber call (970)482-3746 or visit www.FortCollinsChamber.com.