FRCC to Provide an Additional $1.7 Million to Summer Students
Additional funding from the federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund will allow FRCC to provide more than $1.7 million in support for our summer semester students who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Students who are registered for summer 2021 classes can now apply for an educational impact grant of up to $1,500.
“We know that the pandemic has had a significant impact on many of our students,” said FRCC President Andy Dorsey. “We’re very glad to be able to link students to this assistance, which could completely pay for summer tuition for many of them.”
The application for FRCC’s COVID-19 Educational Impact Grant for summer 2021 is now open for students.
Applications must be received by June 11, 2021, at 4:00 pm.
To be considered for the grant, students have to:
- Be enrolled in classes at FRCC for summer semester 2021
- Be a degree-seeking student at FRCC
- Submit an application for the COVID-19 Educational Impact Grant for summer 2021
- Be a US citizen, US national, permanent resident of the US or other eligible non-citizen for Title IV aid eligibility purposes
- All eligibility requirements must be met and in place by Friday, June 11, 2021,in order to be considered for the grant.
Please note: Students who are currently in high school and/or concurrent enrollment are not eligible for this funding.
- Friday, June 11, 2021
- COVID Impact Grant funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted.
- All registered students with financial need are encouraged to apply. First priority will go to Pell eligible students but FRCC does anticipate that funds will be available for students who are not Pell eligible as well.
- Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, May 3, 2021, although funds will not be issued to students until mid-June 2021.
- All funds will be issued directly to students for the summer 2021 semester through the student’s Bank Mobile refund preference.
o Funds will NOT be automatically applied to FRCC tuition and fee balances for summer.
o Refunds through Bank Mobile can take 7-14 business days for processing after funds are applied for a student’s account.
- These COVID impact grants can only be used for summer2021, and may not be issued toward a future semester balance and/or applied to an outstanding past due balance.
- All decisions and notifications regarding the Educational Impact Grant for summer 2021 will be sent to applicants’ student-issued CCCS email account(accessible through eWOLF).
Questions About the Application or Eligibility?
If students have any questions about the application, eligibility requirements or the awarding process, please contact the COVID Impact Committee at [email protected].