Fort Collins Community Blood Drive – September 23 & 24
Our Community needs your help and your blood. The Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce is partnering with Columbine Health Systems and UCHealth to provide access for our members to give blood. Giving Blood Saves Lives! For every blood donation we receive, we can treat, heal, and quite possibly save the life of up to three different donation recipients.
With the mobile unit, UCHealth Garth Englund Blood Center Mobile Van is fully equipped with everything needed for successful blood donations. Our minimum goal is to get 20 donors per blood drive.
All blood is collected in a safe and sterile manner to protect the donor and the patient. A typical whole blood donation is 450ml which is approximately 1 pint. These mobile blood drives bring in 80% of the blood needed for Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies, Longs Peak Hospital, Greeley Hospital, and Estes Park Health.
- The total process from arrival, paperwork, a brief interview to the actual blood draw takes between 30-45 minutes. Just 30 minutes of your time could mean a lifetime to a UCHealth patient in need! Be sure to stay hydrated, eat a full meal & remember to bring your government issued photo ID to your donation appointment.
Click on the date you wish to donate and sign up with the UCHealth website:
Are you eligible to donate?
- In the past 12 months have you traveled out of the U.S.?
- Have you received a tattoo and/or piercing in the last 12 months?
- Are you currently taking antibiotics for an active infection?
- Do you weigh less than 110 pounds?
- Are you under 17 years old?
- Do you currently feel unwell?
You can find more information on blood donation from UCHealth’s website