30th Annual Colorado Brewers’ Festival Set for June 28-29
The Downtown Fort Collins Business Association (DBA) is thrilled to announce programming and ticketing details for the 30th edition of the Colorado Brewers’ Festival, set for June 28th and 29th.
“We’re extremely excited to host the 30th anniversary of COBF at Canvas Stadium,” says festival director James Yearling. “Partnering with Colorado State University was the perfect way to commemorate our landmark year and to honor COBF’s historical contributions to Colorado’s craft beer industry and culture.”
COBF was started in 1990 when Fort Collins brewers Doug Odell (Odell Brewing) and Brad Page (Coopersmith’s Pub & Brewing) approached the DBA with the idea of a festival to showcase local brewers. At the time, Fort Collins had just three microbreweries; in turn, COBF was established in Fort Collins as the first beer festival in the state of Colorado.
“Fort Collins is now one of the most respected brewing centers in the United States,” says Doug Odell. “The Colorado Brewers’ Festival has played a significant role in our city’s beer-centric progress and helped make Colorado one of the nation’s best states for craft beer.”
The 30th edition of the COBF will feature unlimited tastings from a menu of over 150 Colorado beers brewed by 50 Colorado breweries.
Beer lovers have the option to attend two different ticketed events this year: on Friday night, June 28th, aficionados can mingle with fellow beer evangelists and brewers at “The Summit,” which will feature rare, specialty and one-night-only beers from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. On Saturday, June 29th, the main festival will feature a tasting menu of seasonal and flagship offerings from Noon – 5:00 pm, as well as live music and entertainment.
Tickets go on sale May 1st at Noon at ColoradoBrewFest.com. Due to limited capacity, event organizers expect tickets for both days to sell out; all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and there will not be additional tickets made available at any time.
The Colorado Brewers’ Festival is proudly produced by the Downtown Fort Collins Business Association. Event proceeds are reinvested into downtown programs, events and business promotions, such as the Downtown Holiday Lights, Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest, Great Plates of Downtown, the Downtown Gift Card Program, First Friday Concerts in Old Town Square, Noontime Notes and the DBA’s portfolio of over 75+ days of annual signature productions.
What’s New This Year?
- Goodbye Taster Tickets, Hello Unlimited Tastings: Both event days will feature unlimited beer sampling! No need to wait in line for additional taster tickets, as ticketed entry includes a commemorative 7-oz tasting glass and free reign to try any beer (So, go ahead: try that super sour or wild farmhouse ale at no risk!).
- Also, Say Hello to Air Conditioning and Flush Toilets, Galore: No sweaty glasses or stinky port-o-potty lines this year! Enjoy and experience Canvas Stadium’s exclusive “VIP” event spaces, as the festival takes place inside the stadium in the field-level Orthopedic & Spine Center of the Rockies Field Club, the Hall of Champions and the 4th Floor Stadium Club, featuring panoramic vistas of the mountains and a bird’s-eye view of the field below.
- Tasting Menu Curation: This year, we’ve simply asked the brewers to showcase the creations that they are most excited about, with no strings attached! We did not restrict breweries per suggested flavors, volumes and styles. So, stay tuned as we update the beer list and plan to get in line for those special bombers and barrel-aged treasures to pair with the sessionable and seasonal beers.
- People’s Choice Voting: What beer is creating the biggest buzz? This year, cast your ballot for people’s choice beer at the festival and automatically be entered to win some “beery surprises!”
- Free & Abundant Parking: Come one, come all! CSU has offered free parking for festival patrons! Stay tuned to ColoradoBrewFest.com for details and maps as the festival weekend approaches!
Additional Event Details:
The Summit at Colorado Brewers’ Festival
- Cost: $75 per ticket
- When: Friday, June 28th from 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Where: Colorado State University’s Canvas Stadium, 751 W. Pitkin St., inside the 4th Floor Stadium Club
- Drink: Kick off your Brewers’ Festival weekend with the premier specialty beer event in Northern Colorado! Enjoy unlimited pours of barrel-aged creations, rare and one-night-only beers, and exclusive releases served by the brewers’ themselves. Compare notes with fellow beer connoisseurs while you meet and mingle with head brewers and brewery reps during this intimate, limited-ticket tasting affair.
- Eat: Soak it up and expand your belly share via the following complimentary appetizers: Coffee Ancho Ribeye Crostini; Thai Basil Coconut Almond Spring Rolls; Apricot Sriracha Chicken Satay; Soft Pretzels; Southwest Chicken Quesadilla; Tomato Basil Bruschetta; Raspberry and Brie Chicken Crisps; and Bacon-wrapped Cheese-stuffed Jalapenos.
30th Annual Colorado Brewers’ Festival
- Cost: $50 per ticket
- When: Saturday, June 29th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Where: Colorado State University’s Canvas Stadium, 751 W. Pitkin St.
- What: The award-winning Colorado Brewers’ Festival returns to celebrate its 30th anniversary with 100+ beers, 50+ Colorado breweries, live music and entertainment, artisan exhibitors and food options. Enjoy unlimited beer samples and explore CSU’s exclusive new facilities overlooking the scenic backdrop of Fort Collins’ mountain views.
Stay tuned to ColoradoBrewFest.com as the festival date approaches for a current list of participating breweries, the complete festival Tasting Guide, entertainment lineup and much more.
The DBA would like to thank its Annual Sponsors: Xfinity, Colorado State University, Odell Brewing Co, High Country Beverage, Eye Center of Northern Colorado, First National Bank, and Dellenbach Motors. The DBA, a non-profit corporation, is organized to assist in the promotion, development and improvement of the Downtown Area of Fort Collins, Colorado. Its mission is to “Advance the vitality, vibrancy and prosperity of Downtown, the heart of Fort Collins,” with the vision that Downtown Fort Collins will be recognized as a premier destination and respected as one of the most prosperous and vital business districts in Colorado. The DBA represents more than 200 members and produces community-favorite events and promotions such as Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest, Great Plates of Downtown, Tiny Tot Halloween, the Downtown Holiday Lighting Ceremony, St. Patrick’s Day Festivities and dozens of other events.