WorkLife Navigator - WorkLife Partnership
The Navigator will provide personalized, one-on-one support to employees of Northern Colorado employer / WorkLife member organizations. Navigators work alongside employees to help them find resources and solutions to life challenges at home and work and to promote their long term stability and wellness. Navigators assist with a wide variety of challenges so employees are mentally and emotionally able to show up and be engaged at work, including: housing, childcare, transportation, finances and budgeting, mental health, and food and nutrition. Navigators help employees access and make use of community resources, government programs, and employer benefits. The Navigators offer this support in-person, on-site at employees’ work location, over the phone, and through email and text. Navigators also build and maintain productive working relationships with employer supervisors and HR staff to ensure ongoing collaboration and referrals, as well as with community agencies to continue to build WorkLife’s pool of effective resources and resource partnerships.
Essential & Primary Responsibilities:
- Assess employee needs, create goal plans, and connect to community resources and workplace benefits to overcome barriers to work. Provide follow-up and supports to address short and long term needs.
- Provide basic financial coaching around budgeting, credit building, and spending behaviors and barriers.
- Become and serve as an expert in resources around common barriers and challenges facing employees.
- Build a deep understanding of employer human resources policies, employee benefits, and workplace / industry concerns.
- Use task and time management tools, technology to bring daily work to consistent completion.
- Collect and accurately enter data on service delivery through our database. Effectively engage employees to capture qualitative data and employee stories to demonstrate service impact.
- Presents on navigator services and represents WorkLife to large and small audiences during employer events
- Develops and maintains employer member relationships. Actively seeks to understand employer culture, challenges, expectations, and needs. Responds quickly and professionally to address all employer and employee issues.
- Engages with WorkLife’s national scaling efforts (WorkLab Innovations) by participating in online forums, webinars, navigator phone calls, etc. to support the success of a national corp of resource navigators.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively to employees of disparate backgrounds, education levels, cultures, etc.
- Highly adaptable and creative in addressing unique employee challenges and needs.
- Excellent problem solving and research skills.
- High level of empathy and collaborative spirit. Allergic to condescension and snap judgments of others.
- Excellent presentation skills in speaking with audiences of employees, HR, and supervisors.
- High level of professionalism in working with employer members and their staff at all levels.
- Able to represent WorkLife and be sensitive and responsive to differing employer needs and cultures.
- Highly adaptable. Maintains effectiveness when changes to job or office environment occur.
- Innovative: helps drive improvements in work tasks, situations, and environments.
- Resilient: recognizes importance of self-care in assisting with issues such as homelessness, domestic violence, financial shortfalls, depression, etc. and pro-actively seeks assistance or input from colleagues / management when needed. Finds energy and inspiration in client work and collaboration.
- Experience with databases and data entry; understands how data is used in the field to inform outcome and impact reporting.
- Experience working in direct services (e.g., case management, career counseling, financial coaching, etc.) and using strengths-based approaches.
- Familiarity with government assistance programs as well as local non-profits and agencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google applications and standard office software and communication tools
- Technical aptitude and interest. Able to learn and to utilize new technology quickly
- Able to consistency and accurately track employee information and other data and comfortable reading data charts, tables, etc. and in identifying trends.
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule and to meet daily with employees outside the office, as necessary.
- Independently motivated and self-driven.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Qualities
- 4-year or 2-year degree preferred in a Human Behavioral related field, Public Administration, or Business field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Understanding of financial asset-building programs and financial coaching techniques.
- Familiarity with any of the following: Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, Problem-Solving Theory, and / or Conflict Resolution.
- Experience with human service or other databases
- Spanish speaking a plus
Additional Information / Physical Requirements
- Travel. This position requires the ability to travel to surrounding areas to assigned employer members and/or neutral locations to meet employees.
- Hours. Navigators meet employees where they are and must be flexible in providing appointments outside normal business hours, on occasion. Flexible work scheduling is allowed to meet the needs of our employees.
Other Position Details
- $22.60 to $23.32/hour
- Full time – Monday through Friday, with some work outside of regular office hours
- Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off and sick leave policy
- 9 Paid holidays
- Health, mental health, dental, vision and life insurance covered at 90% of premiums for employee
- 401k (after one year with up to 4% match)
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Commitment to staff to strive to be an employer of choice by exceptional salary compensation, training, and career pathways for employees.
Please send resume and cover letter to Brittany Robinson, Northern Colorado Program Manager, at email@example.com by September 23rd, 2019.