Teller/Universal Banker - ANB Bank
- Three Weeks Paid Vacation Accrual
- Paid Sick and Holiday Time
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and 401(k) Match
- Company subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance available for Employee, Employee +Spouse, Employee +Child(ren), and Employee +Family
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account for High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Company Provided Employee Life, Employee AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Child(ren)
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance for Employee and Spouse
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Banking Services
- Maintains a current knowledge and consistent compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge and consistent compliance with other banking Regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position.
- Processes paying/receiving transactions and maintains accurate records of all transactions.
- Cashes checks within assigned limits and stated guidelines.
- Responsible for daily cash settlements of cash and proof transactions.
- Opens checking, savings, money market and certificates of deposit accounts. Orders check and ATM/Debit cards and provides starter checks for new accounts.
- Understands and effectively applies selling techniques to open, develop, and close sales; creates product interest; actively cross-sells products/services; actively pursues potential customers.
- Identifies customer’s financial needs through in-person efforts, cold calls, referrals, and marketing, while providing strong product knowledge and quality service excellence.
- Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and administering products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the organization.
- Actively profiles customers to understand their complete financial services needs and recommends products and services based on those needs.
- Identify cross-sell and referral opportunities to broaden customer banking relationships.
- Responds to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs.
- Delivers the quality of service as defined by department standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- In addition, 6 months prior bank experience performing teller or personal banker duties; or 1 year cash handling or customer service experience.
Phone: (303) 394-5144