Recruiting Supervisor - Larimer County
All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Responsible for the administration and operation Human Resources recruiting, learning and development.
Larimer County Human Resources department offers engaging opportunities for development in the evolving Human Resources field. Increasingly aware of the need to attract and retain the best people for our workforce, we are seeking a skilled Recruiting Supervisor to join our fun, innovative, flexible and dynamic team of HR professionals.
Larimer County Human Resources supports over thirty departments within County government from the Sheriff’s Office, to the Department of Health, to Natural Resources. We provide Human Resources professionals the opportunity to experience a diverse employee population, creating an atmosphere of innovation, customer orientation and collaboration.
The Recruiting Supervisor will be an important addition to the Human Resources team and Recruitment efforts of Larimer County. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of current Federal and State employment laws and regulations, as well as principles, practices, and methods of Human Resources program development, delivery and administration. This person will be able to demonstrate a high degree of ethics, integrity, and discretion, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, job applicants, and members of the community
Specifically this position:
- Leads the recruitment efforts for County departments/offices, including day-to-day leadership and supervision of the team (currently two full time staff).
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent to include but not limited to, work study, internships, non-traditional workers, and passive candidates.
- Drives job posting optimization initiatives and opportunities to refine talent acquisition processes.
- Distinguishes the County as an employer of choice.
- Manages vendor relationships and contracts.
- Oversees and analyzes the Human Resources training program including budget and forecasting as well as education selection and delivery.
- Maintains the County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Affirmative Action).
To view more details on this position and amazing location, please visit larimer.org/jobs
- Three years of experience in a directly related field, or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Human Resources Administration, Employment Law, Business, or Public Administration, or a related field.
- Preferred two years of experience in public recruitment and selection, and employee training and development in a human resources program.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
In addition to competitive, market-based pay, Larimer County offers excellent employee benefits for all regular and limited term employees.
Larimer County benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans – mandatory 401(a) & voluntary 457(b)
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Wellness Clinic (must be enrolled in the County’s medical plan)
- Professional development trainings
Phone: (970) 498-5989