QA Test Engineer – Manual - ASRC Federal/ USDA NRCS
ASRC Federal is a rapidly growing mid –sized company with 7,000 employees. We are the holding company for Arctic Slope Native Corporation, and presently have multiple positions available for QA Test Engineer –Manual
USDA NRCS is the natural resources conservation service and was started after the dustbowl of the 1930’s to prevent a repeat of the conditions which led to the drought and famine. Since then, the group has continuously expanded in scope and budget. ASRC Federal is one of the 13 original Alaskan Native corporations formed by congress in 1972 and is owned by 13,000 Inupiat shareholders. Both NRCS and ASRC Federal are great places to work. Members of our team have been on –site here for 18+ years.
Position: QA Test Engineer – Manual
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Citizenship: US Citizen OR Green Card
Contact: [email protected]
Must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance Test Engineer for testing web-based and desktop applications, software engineering practices, quality assurance standards, interpretation of product requirements, test plan development, test case development, and testing of software functionality, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus). Principal responsibilities include:
- Test plan and test case development;
- Manual and automated testing of software functionality, installation, and regression;
- Bug management and error tracking; and
- Test report documentation.
Coordination and prioritization of testing activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also critical for the selected candidate. Candidate must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software issues.
- Experience with Quality Assurance practices and Testing Methodologies.
- Test Plan and Test Case Development based on software engineering documentation (testing based on product requirements)
- Experience with executing functional, usability, and deployment testing
- Experience with formal testing of complex server-based software systems
- Multi-tier computing environments including load balanced application (middleware) servers supported by back end database servers
- Test execution experience in .NET/C# environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- Experience with reporting of test results
- Experience with commercial bug management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite (including Visio)
- Demonstrated Documentation and Reporting experience
- Experience testing in a SAFe or Agile development environment
- Excellent analytical and problem determination skills
- Basic understanding of program interfaces, services, databases, messaging, files systems, and other program objects.
- Will be subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
- Experience with Rational Quality Manager
- Experience with automated testing applications similar to Visual Studio or Rational Functional Tester.
- Experience testing products developed within the Pega framework
- Document management system experience
- Production software development experience with 2-3 structured Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft C# and ASP.NET
- .NET, Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
- Cross-browser DHTML web design and testing
- Experience with the compliancy requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act for web applications design.
- Experience with source control management software, such as Tortoises/Subversion
- Working background in GIS technologies such as ESRI including ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS
- Scripting Proficiency (i.e. Cygwin, Dos, Bash, Perl, Python, and/or VBscript)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of structured software quality assurance engineering experience is required.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with creation of test plans, development and execution of test cases and reporting and dissemination of test results is a must.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Please forward your resume & contact information to [email protected]
Email: Please forward your resume & contact information to [email protected]