QA Software Automation Test Engineer - ASRC Federal/ USDA NRCS
USDA NRCS is the “natural resources conservation service” and was started after the dustbowl of the 1930’s to prevent a repeat of the conditions which lead to the drought and famine. Since then, the group has continuously expanded in scope and budget. ASRC Federal is one the 13 original Alaskan Native corporations formed by congress in 1971 and is owned by 13,000 Iñupiat shareholders. Both NRCS and ASRC Federal are great places to work with interesting stories. Members of our team have been on-site here for 18+ years. You can learn more about both at: www.asrcfederal.com and https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/site/national/home/
This enterprise environment consists of 10 – 12 Scrum Teams, with 150 – 200 technical staff. It’s an iterative scaled Agile/Scrum environment made up of Scrum Masters, Agile Release Train Engineers, DevOps, Automation Testers, Build/Release & Integration Engineers, DBAs, QA Testers, Requirements Engineers, Tech Writers, etc.
Position: QA Software Automation Test Engineer
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Citizenship: US Citizen OR Green Card
Contact: [email protected]
The selected candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance Automation Test Engineer for server based application software testing; having experience both creating and maintaining software automation test scripts. The candidate must have a working knowledge of software engineering concepts such as software development standards, quality assurance standards, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), interpretation of product requirements, test plan and test case development, testing of software functionality, product installation, performance, load, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus) testing.
- Creating, maintenance and evaluation of software automation test scripts (including incorporation of dynamic test data)
- Gathering and validating application functional/performance/load requirements
- Creation and maintenance of test plans and test cases
- Execution, as required, of manual and automated software testing in areas involving installation, functional, performance and load, integration, and regression testing
- Management of defects within a corporate defect tracking system
- Documentation of process improvements regarding best practices regarding test automation
- Creation of test reports
- Maintenance of all test documentation
- Coordination and prioritization of test development activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also critical for the selected candidate.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently both software and operating system level installation and configuration issues
- Ability to train others regarding automation test concepts; plus providing guidance and direction as needed
- Production software development experience with 2-3 structured programming languages
- Experience with quality assurance practices and testing methodologies
- Experience with test plan and test case development and execution
- Experience with developing, executing, and maintaining automated test scripts
- Experience with automated testing applications similar to IBM RFT/RPT, Visual Studio Ultimate, and/or HP Quality Center, and/or Selenium.
- Demonstrated documentation and reporting experience
- Operating system management experience with Windows Server 2008/2012
- Experience with commercial defect management systems
- Experience training small teams regarding test engineering concepts
- Experience working within an Agile Development Environment
- Experience with document management systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of program interfaces, services, databases, messaging, files systems, and other program objects.
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
- Test script development using IBM Rational Performance Tester
- Test script development using IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013
- Experience writing production Microsoft C#, .NET
- System administration experience with Unix/Linux/Windows
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with.NET Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari
- Experience with VMware Server/Desktop Virtualization
- Experience with the compliancy requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act for web applications design
- Experience with source control management software, such as Tortoise SVN/Subversion
- Working background in GIS technologies such as ESRI including ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS
- Scripting Proficiency (i.e. Cygwin, Dos, Bash, Perl, Python, and/or VBscript)
- Bachelor’s Degree–preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of eight years of structured software quality assurance engineering experience is required. Three to five years of hands-on experience with the development of automated test scripts, execution of test cases and reporting and dissemination of test results.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Email: [email protected]