Proposal and Project Coordinator – Northern Colorado - GH Phipps
Proposal and Project Coordinator – Northern Colorado
Job Category: Northern Colorado Ops
Requisition Number: PROJE01081
Ft. Collins, CO
Fort Collins, CO, USA
SUMMARY OF POSITION: A unique, hybrid position, the Proposal and Project Coordinator will assist in writing proposals and marketing materials while providing administrative and process support to project managers, engineers, estimators, and team members in assigned department(s) as needed; performs a wide variety of marketing, estimating, and preconstruction support assignments.
- Professionally represent GH Phipps and effectively support Company strategic initiatives
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with business partners
- Assist with job start-up and project file set-up in accordance with GH Phipps processes and procedures
- Effectively utilize subcontractor log to document, review and monitor execution of subcontracts, material suppliers and project-specific requirements
- Ensure project insurance, bonds, compliance holds and other requirements for GH Phipps, subcontractors and major material suppliers are in place and current
- Assist with timely processing of pay applications by monitoring compliance holds, subcontractor/supplier information forms, second tier lien waivers and related documentation
- Distribute project schedules and acknowledgement letter to subcontractors as required
- Issue, complete and execute subcontractor finalization letters, material valuation forms and consent of sureties by date of substantial completion
- Submit O&M manuals by date of substantial completion
- Compile and distribute meeting minutes in timely manner
- Ensure compliance with site certified payroll, SBE, MBE and WBE reporting requirements
- Assist with timely closeout in compliance with documentation, contractual and financial requirements
- Organize and file project paperwork, correspondence and documentation in timely manner
- Perform a wide variety of marketing, estimating, and preconstruction support assignments for both mainline operations and special projects with optimal efficiency including:
- Tracking potential new projects on bid solicitation websites.
- Attend preproposal and pre-bid meetings.
- Updating vendor information
- Helping on Bid Day as necessary including the possibility of being the bid runner.
- Proposal coordination.
- Coordination and final preparation of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Efficiently generates responses to requests for proposals (RFP’s) and requests for qualifications (RFQ’s)
- Ensures quality, timeliness and adherence to standards of all Marketing work products.
- Via open collaboration, drives drafting, review, finalization and interview preparation processes related to work acquisition
- Supports and generates social media articles, blogs, PR articles
- Effectively interfaces with internal staff across departments and offices/divisions as needed throughout qualification, proposal and interview preparation processes
- Supports systems to track prospects, project data, resumes, slides, photography, mailing lists and promotion and presentation materials
- Perform a wide variety of administrative assignments with optimal efficiency including:
- Front desk and switchboard management,
- Reception and forwarding of faxes/calls,
- Connection of visitors with internal contacts,
- Mail sorting and distribution,
- Data processing and tracking
- Document scanning and imaging,
- Office supply inventory assistance and order distribution
- Miscellaneous services such as training/meeting room set-up, food orders, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or approved by the Regional Manager
- Effectively multi-task and consistently meet deadlines in fast-paced work environment
- Solid computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) with ability to learn and utilize various software platforms
- Ability to organize self and others into effective workflows
- Communication skills: written, oral, social
- Three to five years’ experience in construction or engineering project support or equivalent
- Two-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent technical field preferred
- Solid computer skills
- Competencies: High level of professionalism and positivity; Dependable, results-focused and ethical
- Verifiable work references demonstrating exceptional skills and achievements
- Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens
SALARY RANGE: $48,000 – $59,000 annually ($23.08 / hour – $28.37 / hour)
- Health and welfare benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, STD, LTD, and EAP substantially supported by the employer.
- Retirement benefits: employee owned: Employee Stock Ownership Program– funded by the company for all full time overhead employees; optional 401(k) to boost savings
- Other benefits and compensation include annual bonus potential, employee events and activities, discounted benefit programs (i.e. LegalShield, pet insurance, Botanic Garden memberships, etc. which may vary over time)
For more details about our benefits package, please visit: https://www.ghphipps.com/careers/