Preconstruction / Sr. Estimator - GH Phipps
Preconstruction / Sr. Estimator
Job Category: Preconstruction Services
Requisition Number: ESTIM01082
Ft. Collins, CO
Fort Collins, CO, USA
COMPANY INFORMATION: As one of the largest, most successful construction companies in the region, GH Phipps is known for its work in the medical, education, religious, high-tech, commercial and public arenas. These high-profile clients expect buildings they can be proud of. From Preconstruction through completion, GH Phipps delivers uncompromised quality with consideration for each client’s budget and timeline. This position offers excellent pay and benefits and the opportunity to work with a distinguished and widely respected General Contractor.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Preconstruction/Estimator is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to projects; assuming overall responsibility for their preconstruction/estimating effort. They will ensure that all estimates, schedules, constructability reviews, value engineering efforts, cost report planning, and purchase planning efforts and documents are prepared as scheduled and to the levels of quality and detail required. The Preconstruction/Estimator prepares estimates at all design stages (Conceptual through Construction Documents) on negotiated and competitive bid projects. The Preconstruction/Estimator interfaces with the Owner, Architect/Engineers and subcontractors to resolve technical matters during design or pre-bid and provides engineering and cost data regarding project.
- Professionally represent GH Phipps and effectively support Company strategic initiatives
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with business partners including owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Assume overall responsibility for the preconstruction stage of each project.
- Identify tasks to be accomplished in order to satisfy contractual requirements.
- Provide overall Preconstruction effort oversight and show ability to lead a project team and project solutions.
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from Conceptual through Final Construction Documents (Design/Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price, and Hard Bid diversity).
- Organize departmental team so that each estimator involved knows responsibilities and deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scheduling complete Preconstruction effort including all estimate milestones, durations and identifying long lead items and other needs.
- Perform value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Participate with the Project Manager in award of all subcontracts and write all subcontracts before turning over to construction team.
- Single responsibility for large, complex projects.
- Establishes and fosters positive long-term relationships with all business partners
- Mentors/teaches junior estimators all aspects of preconstruction process.
- Shows ability to complete both large CM/GC projects as well as large, complex competitive bid projects.
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and sales skills to assist and serve on RFP/Interview teams for new projects.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with new and existing clients. Must have independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits.
- Responsible for providing the client with accurate estimates and value engineering.
- Manage estimating process through initial advertising/prequalification and solicitation of subcontractors, bid evaluation process and award.
- Develop and write all bid packages and subcontractor scopes of work.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills internally with Project Manager and Superintendent and externally with Owner, Architect/Engineer, and subcontractors.
- Previous experience with projects in the medical, educational and technology sector is preferred.
- Exact salary and title will match experience of qualified candidates.
- S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field.
- Three (3) to ten (10) years CM/GC estimating experience.
- Verifiable work references demonstrating exceptional accomplishments, leadership and communication skills
- Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens
- Effectively multi-task and consistently meet deadlines in fast-paced work environment
- Solid computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) with ability to learn and utilize various software platforms
- Self-starter; personal accountability
- Communication skills: written, oral, social
SALARY RANGE: $66,000 – $110,000 annually; actual salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health and welfare benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, STD, LTD, and EAP substantially supported by the employer.
- Retirement benefits: employee owned: Employee Stock Ownership Program– funded by the company for all full-time overhead employees; optional 401(k) to boost savings
- Other benefits and compensation include annual bonus potential, employee events and activities, discounted benefit programs (i.e. LegalShield, pet insurance, Botanic Garden memberships, etc. which may vary over time)
For more details about our benefits package, please visit: https://www.ghphipps.com/careers/