PreConstruction Project Manager - GH Phipps Construction Companies
JOB TITLE: Preconstruction Project Manager LOCATION: Fort Collins
COMPANY INFORMATION: As one of the largest, most successful construction companies in the region, GH Phipps is a recognized leader in the medical, education, religious, high-tech, commercial and public arenas. Our high-profile clients expect buildings they can be proud of. With inspired leaders and empowered employees fully committed to project success, GH Phipps safely delivers uncompromised quality balanced with each client’s budget and timeline.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Preconstruction Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Preconstruction Team and assuming overall responsibility for the Preconstruction effort. Ensures estimates, schedules, constructability reviews, value engineering efforts, cost report planning and purchase planning efforts and documents are prepared as scheduled and to the levels of quality, safety and detail required. Prepares estimates at all design stages (Conceptual through Construction Documents) on large complex CM/GC work. Interfaces with owner, A/E’s and subcontractors to resolve technical matters during design or pre-bid and provides engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Professionally represent GH Phipps and support Company strategic initiatives
- Assume overall responsibility for preconstruction stage of each project and primary responsibility for large, complex projects
- Identify tasks to be accomplished in order to satisfy contractual requirements
- Oversee Preconstruction efforts and effectively lead project team and foster solutions
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from Conceptual through Final Construction Documents (Design/Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price, and Hard Bid diversity).
- Organize department so each estimator involved knows responsibilities and deadlines
- Effectively schedule Preconstruction efforts including estimate milestones, durations; Identify long lead items and other needs.
- Perform value engineering and life-cycle costing
- Participate with Project Manager in award of all subcontracts and write all subcontracts before turning over to construction team.
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with all business partners including owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors
- Mentor junior estimators all aspects of preconstruction process
- Effectively complete both large CM/GC projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation and sales skills while assisting and serving on RFP/Interview teams
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise noted):
- S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field
- Ten (10) years CM/GC experience
- Five (5) years healthcare and technology experience and strong background in large-scale and campus-wide construction programs ($20 million plus) strongly preferred
- Verifiable work references demonstrating exceptional accomplishments, leadership and communication skills
- Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens
This position offers excellent pay and benefits and the opportunity to work with a strong Estimating team and well-respected General Contractor. If you meet our requirements and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your letter of interest, resume and the requested self-ID forms via the links below no later than Sunday, May 8, 2016. Pay commensurate with experience. Phone calls and emails (other than noted above) and/or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
GH Phipps is an EEO/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer
Click here to email your attached cover letter and resume >>
Click Here to complete an Applicant Affirmative Action Information Form >>
Click Here for Voluntary Self-Identification of Veteran Status Form
Click Here for Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form
Phone: (970) 372-0363
Email: [email protected]