OUTSIDE (CONSUMER) SALES REPRESENTATIVE ($1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS) - TDS Telecom
Think we’re just a cable company? Think again.
For nearly 50 years, TDS Telecom has been providing leading-edge voice, internet, and video entertainment services, for customers in hundreds of rural and suburban communities nationwide. Today, we are becoming a growing force as we’ve expanded our fiber footprint, strategically acquired new assets, and worked hard to create a sales and customer service experience that is second to none. We are consistently rated as an employer of choice by numerous publications because of our commitment to employee well-being, community involvement, volunteerism, and championing economic development and broadband innovation in the areas we serve.
Think its’ time to take the next step in your career? Keep reading!
Why join our Direct Sales team?
- Average sales reps earn $50,000+ and top reps can earn upwards of 6 figures with NO CAPS
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Independent role, with strong support from supervisor, training department, and marketing department
- Generous residential territories and comprehensive listings of qualified leads
- Company provided laptop and cell phone allowance
- Work 40hrs but you manage your own schedule between 9am – 9pm Monday – Saturday
- Full benefits package (that starts on day one):
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
- Generous Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Time, AND Holidays
- 401K Eligible Immediately and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Discounts on TDS Services
- Top performers and their guest are invited to an all expense awards trip! Previous trips have been to New Orleans, South Beach Miami, and Las Vegas to name a few
- You will be selling high speed internet , TDS Cable TV, and TDS Phone service
- TDS offers the fastest speeds, best TV experience, and most reliable voice service at the lowest prices. This means that our competitors CANNOT compete with us in these newly upgraded markets
- If you put in the effort, you WILL make the money!
You MUST apply if:
- You enjoy meeting new people and are not afraid to talk to strangers
- You don’t like being confined to an office or tight schedule
- You thrive with minimal direction, but knowing that support is available when you need it
- You want to be rewarded based on your skill and effort
- You want to sell something that nearly everyone needs and wants – the fastest internet service around!
- Still reading? APPLY NOW and get on the path to a great career in direct sales!
Our Direct Sales Representatives do more than simply sell door-to-door. You would act as a territory manager, coordinate the customer experience from sale to installation, take ownership of acquiring new leads (above and beyond the extensive lists of qualified leads provided by our marketing team), gain referral partners, participate in community events, and be a brand ambassador for TDS at all times.
- 1+ year sales or customer service experience – OR – current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and have access to reliable transportation.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) preferred.
- Computer literate with familiarity of in-home electronics, computers, and high-speed Internet preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive, persistent, and have the ability to handle rejection in the selling process well.
- Must be a good listener and have superior people skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and be a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with customers to educate them on cable, voice, and data services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to deal with public in a professional manner. Must be able to pass local community background checks and permitting processes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment, and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may need to operate a motor vehicle during the work shift. The employee must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather. The employee must be able to ambulate door-to-door through various constructed housing units. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.