The operations managers overall responsibility is to help deliver, wherever needed, the highest customer service to increase sales, profitability and the success of the franchise through: maximizing truck utilization; hiring and training great movers and drivers; DOT compliance; managing the fleet maintenance; and consistently exceeding customer expectations. The operations manager should have strong knowledge of functional support areas, including our core business, moving, driving, training, and best customer service practices.
– Understand and execute the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® mission statement and core values.
– Identify opportunities for continual improvement of employees and key areas of the business by investigating damages and employee accountability, utilizing proper HR practices, and enforcing risk management processes.
– Maximize truck utilization to improve profitability and maximize customer retention.
– Ability to understand and execute conversational selling techniques with all potential customers.
– Participates in company networking/marketing events in order to promote and protect the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® brand.
– Ensures franchise compliance with all DOT regulations and FMCSA guidelines.
– Other duties as assigned by general manager.
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
– 21 years of age
– Must be able to be insured under the franchise auto insurance plan and maintain a valid driver’s license.
– A minimum of 6 months of supervisory and customer service experience.
– A minimum of 6 months of moving experience.
– Understanding of and commitment to customer service and the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®core values.
– Demonstrated ability to lead by example to motivate, develop, train and direct people.
– Basic understanding of financial statements.
– Demonstrated oral comprehension, listening and communication skills.
– Language Skills: ability to effectively present information in small group situations to co-workers and customers.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Strong decision making ability.
– Must be proficient with the following Microsoft applications: