Medical Receptionist - Associates in Family Medicine
Associates in Family Medicine, P.C. was founded in 1962 by Dr. Donald Wells. Since then, AFM has grown to nine full-service offices and more than 70 medical providers throughout Northern Colorado.
What do we stand for?
No matter why they come to see us, our patients want a convenient, wholehearted approach to health. That means a consistent experience they can count on and peace of mind, regardless of where they go or who they see. At AFM, we believe every body deserves exceptional care with every visit. We deliver compassion both in the office and out. We truly value our patients and their time. That’s why we actively listen to and talk with them, as well as our team members. And we not only offer comfort and clarity, but build honest, lasting patient relationships that put every mind at ease.
Empowering our staff to deliver compassionate, convenient healthcare and advocate well-being and peace of mind throughout your neighborhood – always.
AFM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees!
• Full-time Employees:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability
• Part-time and Full-time Employees:
o Life Insurance (with AD&D), Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Plans, and a generous 401(k)
This is a non-exempt position with a pay scale of $16.00 – $21.00 per hour based on experience and years of service.
This position is crucial to the patient-centered care that AFM provides. They are the first point of contact with AFM patients. We seek employees who are friendly and compassionate in all situations with a sincere desire to help others. They must be calm and focused under pressure, with the ability to problem solve in a busy team-based environment. They must possess sound judgment and follow policies and procedures, including HIPAA. This position is full-time.
- Strong customer service skills. Greet patients promptly, warmly, and with a smile. Assist patients and community partners on the phone and in-person with a variety of needs. Diffuse and prevent escalations. Ability to anticipate patient needs.
- Effective working in a team as well as independently. Coordinate with other employees of the front desk, clinical staff, providers, billing, and so forth. Recognize when assistance is needed. Work independently as needed.
- Work full-time (4.5 days per week). Arrive to work on time, work a flexible schedule with varying start times and multiple office locations.Must have reliable transportation. Available to work occasional evenings and weekend days.
- Demonstrated technology skills. Success in using a variety of software programs. Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone system. Ability to utilize multiple programs at one time. Able to type quickly and with minimal errors.
- Communication. Professional demeanor with patients, staff, and community partners. Defer all medical judgment to clinically licensed staff. Generate learning opportunities from constructive criticism.
- Multitasking abilities and strong organizational skills.Ability to prioritize multiple tasks swiftly. Accurate and timely documentation and completion of tasks.
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the medical field and/or understanding of medical terminology
- Diverse experiences in customer service
- Experience with multi-line phone systems
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience in fast-paced environments where multi-tasking was required
- Capacity to quickly learn and retain new information, including new computer software
- Enjoys variety