Marketing Specialist - Poudre Pet & Feed Supply
Job Classification: Salary, Exempt Position
– Reports to General Manager and Chief Financial Officer
– Collaborates with Events & Promotions Coordinator
At Poudre Pet & Feed Supply, marketing is about understanding pet owners — and building awareness in Northern Colorado about how our small business can meet their animals’ needs. We are looking for an experienced and versatile marketing specialist to formulate marketing campaigns that will attract potential customers and retain existing ones. Our ideal candidate has a metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity, experience developing and executing marketing programs, and will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy and budget management. If you love both people and animals and are seeking the rewarding challenge of helping a proudly woman-owned business remain competitive in the pet retail industry, we want to hear from you.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute marketing programs across different mediums from start to finish, including content creation, design, and some in-house printing.
- Work in partnership with Events & Promotions Coordinator to liaise with external agencies, vendors, and media organizations to plan and implement campaigns for brand-building and promotions that align with overall company goals and sales targets.
- Manage social media accounts and implement digital advertising initiatives.
- Track and analyze the effectiveness and impact (return on investment) of current marketing initiatives and mediums of advertising, and optimize accordingly.
- Collaborate with Events & Promotions Coordinator to manage expenses, set budget guidelines, and determine event and sponsorship commitments.
- Contribute to other customer-acquisition activities, such as community events, media promotion, networking, and trade shows.
- Research and analyze consumer and market trends, industry data, and competitor and customer insights to help us stay relevant and essential to pet owners.
- Perform related work as required.
- Regular and timely presence onsite required.
Education/Experience: Degree in marketing, business, communication or related field, or equivalent experience. Hands-on experience developing campaigns and promotions, including the design and creative aspects. Licensed to drive in the State of Colorado.
Knowledge: Must have knowledge in graphic design, photography and photo editing, videography and social media. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred. Working knowledge of Google Cloud applications, Google Analytics, and Google Ad Words. Familiarity with the latest trends in digital advertising and social media strategy. Knowledge of general and fund accounting and business practices to effectively manage budgets.
Skills: A demonstrated ability to plan, create, organize, and lead marketing and advertising campaigns. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required. Strong prioritization, project management, and decision-making skills. Excellent attention to detail and deadlines. Analytical and budget-management skills, critical thinking, and a knack for data analysis.
Abilities: Able to work independently with minimum supervision; Able to work around animals; Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the public; Able to prioritize duties and perform multiple tasks; Able to meet deadlines; Able to learn, retain and communicate a wide variety of information; Able to work autonomously; Able to work with a budget; Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; Able to plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work; Able to interpret data; Able to drive a cargo van.
Work Environment: Work performed in office and retail settings and the public. Employee is subject to travel locally to meet with other organizations and media outlets.
- Computer and telephone
- High-capacity printer/copier
- Folding machine
- Paper cutter
- Canopy and folding tables
- Cargo van or other company vehicles
Work Hours: Work hours are primarily daytime Monday-Friday but may include days longer than 8 hours and more than 42.5 hours/week.
Physical Activities: The work is performed in office surroundings. Typical positions require workers to sit for long periods; bend, reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards; and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. The work requires the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
Employee is subject to periodically work special weekend or evening events or beyond normal scheduled hours of work. Employee is subject to periodically work outside in a variety of weather conditions when assisting Events & Promotions Coordinator.
General Manager and Chief Financial Officer
Provides support to retail employees who are assisting with events.
Starting at $42,000
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employee discount
- Free pet food
Complete Online Application AND send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.