Landscape Designer - Lindgren Landscape
Lindgren Landscape is an award-winning, landscape design/build/maintain company serving Northern Colorado since 1995. Although we are known for creating high-end custom landscapes, we design and install landscapes of all scopes and sizes. Our people are the reason for our success. We are looking for people who are dedicated to the landscape industry and have a passion for quality. See some of our work on our website at www.lindgrenlandscape.com.
What is special about this role? The Designer position is a hands-on, full-time position with day-to-day duties that include all tasks associated with the designing and selling of residential landscape projects. This position will require design skills as well as the strong organization and communication skills. They will work on finding and capturing sales leads. This position will report directly to the Design-Build Sales Manager and will work regularly with our Operations Manager, Project Managers, Construction Foreman, and Sub-Contractors.
Salary: $50k to 58k + commission depending on education and experience.
Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Generates cost estimates and budgets, creating and processing change orders and proposals.
- Prepares site plans, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for landscape construction projects.
- Regularly visits construction sites to ensure client’s vision is implemented. Responsible for assisting with client relations prior to, during and after the design build process.
- Assists other designers with ideas and concepts.
- Modifies and refines designs to conform with client specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Generates plans in CAD and generating 3D models.
- Creates submittals for estimating and production.
- Creates and process change orders. Assists with project close-out.
- Creates construction details and dimensioning.
- Research materials and techniques as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with clients, builders, sub-contractors, vendors, and co-workers promptly and courteously.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in landscape design or landscape architecture.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in residential landscape construction and design required.
- Sketchup: 1 year or other 3D modelling software
- AutoCAD: 3 years
- Experience with sprinkler and landscape lighting design.
- Estimating and job costing experience.
- Horticulture background preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Hours: Hours vary and are dependent on business needs. Weekends may be needed to satisfy the work load.
Benefits: We offered, paid time off, sick time, health, Life, and a 401(k) plan.
For more information click here.