Housing Assistance Coordinator - Neighbor to Neighbor
The Housing Assistance Coordinator provides housing counseling to low and moderate income renter and homeless households; processes applications, assesses and verifies eligibility, administers client assistance funds, and serves as a contact to community partners, including promoting awareness about N2N programs and services within the Northern Colorado community.
REPORTS TO: Renter Program Manager
DURATION: 40 hours per week. This position is grant funded and slated through December 2021. Continuation of the position will be reevaluated depending on community need. This position is designed to be remote (work from home) during the pandemic. Office time can be arranged if needed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide rental counseling, including budgeting, homelessness prevention assistance, first month’s rent assistance and landlord/tenant counseling to low and moderate income households
- Assess client needs and barriers to stabilize housing
- Provide clients with appropriate information and referrals to community resources
- Ensure that all clients have basic understanding of program specifics including eligibility standards and that signed documentation is implemented and kept in client file
- Provide screening and referral for all Neighbor to Neighbor programs
- Advocate with agencies, landlords and organizations working with clients
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when working with clients
- Assess eligibility for rent assistance, provide documentation, distribute and administer funds
- Maintain required documentation for rent assistance funding sources
- Keep records in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, Quickbooks, and distribute checks for financial assistance programs
- Serve as a community contact representing N2N with all entities related to the Renter Program
- Assist Program Manager with reporting and grant compliance\
- Provide documentation of client stories for marketing purposes
- Participate in Neighbor to Neighbor Team meetings
- Attend virtual community networking meetings when necessary
- Other duties as may be assigned by N2N management
- 2 years of related experience providing services to clients
- Proficiency in both English.
- Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated counseling skills, primarily the ability to understand and empathize with others
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of local resources or willingness to learn resources to make referrals
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to Alea Rodriguez by 2/21/2021 at [email protected].