Experienced Tax Staff - ACM, LLP
Anton Collins Mitchell LLP (ACM) is a full service public accounting firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices in Northern Colorado, Boulder, and Laramie, Wyoming. We are seeking enthusiastic, detail oriented, team players to fill the role of Experienced Tax Associate in our Greeley office. Repeatedly named a “Best Place to Work in Colorado” and a “Best Accounting Firm to Work for”, ACM offers a generous time off and benefits package. We are confident the right candidate will enjoy the collaborative work environment in which their skill set will make a major contribution to the success of the firm.
We are successful, both personally and professionally. We work hard, play hard and face each day with optimism. We approach our work as we approach our lives, with positive attitudes, enthusiasm and open minds.
If the preceding paragraph describes you, let’s talk!
The 3-5 year Tax Staff for our Greeley Office works on all phases of projects for multiple clients. The position is primarily responsible for: preparation of most individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S corporate, C corporate, and foreign tax returns; completing preparation to a high degree of correctness such that the review step has limited review notes; adhering to project budgets; timely advising supervisor of progress and projected variances; and coordinating client communication.
The tasks presented below are general in nature. Additional specific tasks will be discussed during the interview.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Carry out and begin supervising client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters, and document research findings in written memorandum.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MT a plus, CPA a plus.
- 2-4 years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; at least 2 years of experience in public accounting
- Previous tax return review experience a plus.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in tax compliance.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, RIA, & ProSystems.
- Caseware experience a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
Phone: (303) 830-1120
Email: [email protected]