Executive Director - Berthoud Area Chamber of Commerce
The Executive Director is a “Visionary” who will work with an engaged Board of Directors and Ambassador Team to drive the Chamber’s mission to support and promote member businesses, serve as the voice of its members, and foster a livable, progressive community. The Executive Director is responsible for the administration of the Chamber’s daily operations and major chamber fundraising events. The Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Board and is an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and helps to manage the Ambassador program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to review annually the strategic plan and update as needed, including recommendations to improvements in Chamber services, administrative techniques, and activities to enhance the effectiveness of the Chamber.
- Develop creative benefits, programs, and activities to help sustain member organizations.
- Collaborate with Chamber Board President to organize annual planning retreats.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors to develop an annual budget.
- Develop and maintain a strong, open, respectful dialog with member executives and employees (as applicable) to discuss organizational direction and purpose.
- With executive support, establish relationships with key community leaders to ensure public awareness of the Chamber and the Berthoud Area’s vitality for business and tourism.
- Using collaborate and partnership skills, cultivate relationships and communication with a broad range of constituents, including the Board of Directors, Ambassadors, government officials, related organizations, community members and media professionals.
- Applying executive skills, clearly express the Chamber’s position and vision in local,
regional, and state meetings.
- Oversee all administrative tasks, according to established processes, required to carry out the Chamber’s mission and objectives.
- Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Chamber office.
- Ensure preparation and communication of accurate monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Coordinate with the Board Treasurer and bookkeeping staff to ensure all monies received and spent by the chamber are recorded accurately and timely.
- Keep records of membership dues paid and owed, and invoice members in a timely manner.
- With the Board develop policies, as needed; carry the responsibility for the execution of policies adopted by the Board.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure execution of all Chamber events, including fundraisers, networking events, committee meetings, and Board meetings according to approved business plan.
- When the Chamber office employs additional staff, lead and direct the Chamber staff and assume responsibility for their efficient performance of assigned duties.
- Oversee the management of all personnel issues, including recruiting, hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline, compensation, and termination.
- Strategically coordinate services with all contract workers, including but not limited to, event planning and bookkeeping services.
The Executive Director carries overall responsibility for the complete administration, daily operation, and membership communication of the Berthoud Area Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director serves as the Chairperson of all project committees and is an ex-officio member of all other committees and the Board of Directors. The duties listed and described is not all-inclusive and other tasks and duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with strategic thinking skills. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
The Executive Director must be an influencer, entrepreneurial, collaborative, energetic,
dynamic, decisive, well-organized, and able to function in an independent work environment.
The Executive Director must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Possess a minimum of 3 years applicable experience (non-profit management, fundraising, public relations, communication and marketing, Chamber of Commerce experience)
- Prefer knowledge of Chamber Master and QuickBooks
- Require knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Require knowledge of social media applications
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and have access to transportation
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build collaborative and relevant relationships
- Demonstrated strong communication and public relation skills
- Proven history of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting and finance practices
- Demonstrated strong organization skills
- Demonstrated strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn applicable software applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of volunteer management and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to write, type, see, speak, and listen
- Physically be able to walk, climb, stoop, lift, drive and stand
- Be able to tolerate prolonged sitting, standing, walking, occasional moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
- Fast-paced environment
- Non-standard working hours-including office hours and event hours that may require prolonged and irregular hours
- Frequent area wide travel, including occasional out-of-area travel
- Sustained exposure to contact with members of the public
- The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
- The Executive Director must be familiar with safety rules and wear personal protective equipment as required. S/he must ask for assistance if the task requires more than one person, to prevent injury.
- The Executive Director is responsible for keeping the workspace, including the Chamber office clean.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Berthoud Area Chamber of Commerce shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sex, including discrimination against an individual on the basis of sexual orientation or transgender status or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location