Executive Director - Veterans Compass of Northern Colorado
We are a young non-profit organization in Northern Colorado seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead our organization through an upcoming period of growth. Our mission is to help veterans and their families navigate northern Colorado resources. We will identify gaps, create collaboration among service providers and provide individualized support needed by each unique Veteran through our Navigator program. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet the organization’s goals. In this role, you will be the face of our company, working closely with the Board of Directors, local Veterans, Veteran Service Organizations and the general public. You will ensure that future staff members are aligned with the company’s mission and vision and that we are all working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives. We place a high priority on collaboration and communication. We are in search of an Executive Director who is aligned with our passion to serve those who have served and who will enhance our culture through positive leadership.
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Conducting a needs assessment to determine and prioritize the needs of Veterans in Northern Colorado.
- Assessing the viability of Veterans Compass programs and objectives
- Developing a strategic plan to best implement the goals and objectives determined above. Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization
- Creating a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Developing stronger, positive relationships with key stakeholders, including other Veterans Service Organizations, Veterans Groups, donors and governmental agencies
- Proactively addressing challenges in the internal and external environment to protect Veterans needs and rights.
- Networking within the community as required for various programs of our organization.
- Desire to help Veterans; preference given for prior military service
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required in business administration or related field
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management
- Prior fundraising experience
- Independent work skills
- Staffing office during regular office hours
- Volunteer management and coordination
- Maintenance of database for Veteran members, collaborating organizations and donors
- Management and execution of fundraising activities
- Community engagement to demonstrate our organization’s presence and abilities
- Business engagement to solicit funding partners/contributors
- Management of social media platforms and website presence
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
- Other duties as required by Board of Directors
Email: [email protected]