Environmental (Asbestos Worker) Technician - BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC
The Environmental Technician is responsible for the day to day work practices including but not limited to: Asbestos Abatement, Microbial Growth clean up, Lead Abatement, and Meth Lab Clean up. Additional responsibilities include following all state and local regulations and procedures and Asbestos Regulation 8. The Environmental Technician is also responsible for working closely with the Environmental Supervisor to help monitor the work of any temporary labor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Supervisor with supervision of temporary labor at job sites and at shop
- Assist Supervisor with monitoring progress of projects
- Assist Supervisor with temporary labor sources
- Assist Supervisor with completing order forms for materials and equipment needed for specific projects
- Assist Supervisor to ensure all demolition job sites are clean, complete and ready for rebuild
- Participate in Safety Toolbox talks and ensure compliance with all BluSky safety policies
- Adhere with all State, Local, OSHA and Environmental regulations
- Assist as needed with any Mitigation emergencies
- Ensure project work meets the highest standards of workmanship based on industry and BluSky standards
- Adhere to all company Best Practices
- Provide the highest level of customer service at all times
- All other duties or projects as assigned
- Time is to be entered into ADP at the end of each work shift.
- Maintain commonly used materials inventory.
- Assist Supervisor with tracking and inventorying equipment
- Tag and communicate any equipment needing service
- Complete monthly Game Plan self-assessment
- Ensure your appropriate certifications are kept updated
- Ensure equipment is in working condition and ready for deployment
- Ensure vehicles are clean, stocked and “Battle Ready” at the end of every shift, per BluSky specifications
- State Asbestos Worker ID, required
- Asbestos 32-hour worker certificate
- 1-3 years asbestos abatement experience
- Candidate must pass a drug screening and criminal background check
- Representation on BluSky emergency abatement on-call rotation
- Must be able to travel in response to both emergency and non-emergency losses across the nation
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, internal and external, throughout the project process
This position offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits. This position includes a cell phone and company apparel. BluSky offers an industry-leading, comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous health insurance plans (medical, dental and vision), life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with guaranteed match, 10 paid holidays, and PTO.
BluSky is an equal opportunity employer. BluSky complies with all Federal, State, and local regulations including, but not limited, to all OSHA, EPA, and Health Department standards for workplace and environmental safety.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR POSITION
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is in the work environment can range from quiet to significantly loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move between 25-50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle material, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or occasionally crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Email: [email protected]