Early Childhood Teacher - The Family Center/La Familia
The Family Center/La Familia is a high quality family resource and early childhood center located in North Fort Collins. We are an Early Childhood Education community site that also participates in the Early Head Start Program and the Colorado Preschool Program through Poudre School District. Our Early Childhood Education program, known as El Nidito or “The Little Nest,” is dedicated to providing safe, stimulating and nurturing education for all young children.
We are currently looking for qualified, full-time, teachers to join our early childhood team. If you are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and families and interested in being a part of a truly multi-cultural, community and family focused work environment, then please apply! Applicants must be energetic, ready to get started, and meet the following qualifications.
Job Description – Early Childhood Teacher:
The Early Childhood Teacher, under the supervision of the Early Childhood Education Director, is responsible for developing and implementing a developmentally based, educational program for an assigned classroom of children. The curriculum must meet the cognitive, physical, social and emotional needs of both the individual child and the group.
Education/Knowledge & Experience Minimum Qualifications:
- Previous experience working with children birth to five years of age and/or Early Head Start preferred.
- Preferred-minimum of six months experience working in an early childhood classroom with ability to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of all children including; at risk, special needs, gifted, and culturally diverse.
- Minimum Early Childhood Teacher Qualifications set by the Colorado Office of Early Childhood strongly preferred.
- A baccalaureate or advanced degree in any field and course work equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education, with experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required.
- Experience working with children and families in a social service setting preferred.
- Ability to apply Early Child Development theory in daily classroom activities and adapt to the individual needs of the children.
- Engaging and Fun, Family-Focused Environment
- Multi-Cultural Experiences
- Low Teacher-Child Ratios
- Supportive Coworkers
- Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Mission-Driven, Dedicated Staff
- Community Connections
- Much, Much More!