Director of Accounting - Housing Catalyst
Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado, Housing Catalyst is a recognized innovative national and local leader in the affordable housing industry. Housing Catalyst’s diverse property portfolio, excellent customer service, and an ever-expanding network of business and government leaders have positioned us for positive growth.
Housing Catalyst offers excellent compensation and benefits. Relocation options are negotiable. The Director of Accounting is an exempt position with a hiring salary range of $105,600 – $132,000.
Housing Catalyst is seeking a Director of Accounting to lead a highly competent team of eight with broad responsibilities in general accounting processes, financial analysis, cash management, planning and reporting, presentation, and tax law compliance. As part of the senior management team, this role is integral in modeling integrity, adaptability, and an open-mind working in the public and affordable housing community. This role reports to the CFO.
Initial expectations include learning about Housing Catalyst revenue streams and accounting software, developing best practices and schedules for the accounting team, and advising and assisting the CFO.
Example of Job Duties
· Oversee and direct all accounting, finance, and budget functions, financial reporting, audits, internal customer service, fixed assets, and intergovernmental accounting. Coordinate debt service, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and grant accounting.
· Manage and direct staff, set and communicate performance expectations, hire, train, coach, mentor, and retain competent staff.
· Direct the design, development, and implementation of innovative workflow enhancements, build bench-strength, and cross-develop staff in workplace knowledge to support business continuation.
· Develop, implement, and recommend accounting systems, control systems, reporting procedures, and monitor internal control for receipting revenues, tracking expenditures, and disbursing funds.
· Perform internal financial reviews to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards.
· Oversee preparation of consolidated financial statements, including cash flow statements and investor reports under respective covenants.
· Develop and update accounting policies and procedures to be current with laws, regulations, and best practices.
· Manage the preparation and distribution of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
· Deliver company performance results to the CEO, CFO, boards, groups, and committees.
· Stay abreast of technology trends and innovations occurring in the accounting industry.
College university graduate in Accounting or Finance plus demonstrated experience in public accounting, commercial operations, real estate, property management, affordable housing, or construction management. Active license as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Visit www.housingcatalyst.com/about-us/employment for more information.
Fort Collins, Colorado