Development Director - Project Self-Sufficiency of Northern Colorado
|Job Title||Development Director|
|Employment Status||Regular, Full Time|
|Work Hours||40 hours per week; days and schedules may vary due to events, outreach and speaking engagements.|
|Supervisor||Chief Executive Officer|
|Office Location||Loveland, CO|
|Summary||The Development Director is responsible for leading the creation, execution and evaluation of Project Self-Sufficiency’s annual resource development plan. In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director will identify prospective individual and business supporters, build and cultivate relationships, oversee special event efforts and lead requests related to individuals, major gifts, annual fund drives, corporate partnerships and sponsorships and individual and community support. Part of the organization’s Leadership Team, this position will bring strategy and experience to the formalization of a comprehensive development program that stewards and retains existing supporters and grows support throughout Northern Colorado.|
|Essential Functions and Duties||Development Plan, Donor Relations & Stewardship
Ø Develop and implement annual Development Plan in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, support staff, and Board of Directors.
o Coordinate activities with responsible parties.
o Train staff and Board on roles/responsibilities in plan execution.
Ø Work with Chief Executive Officer and support staff to formalize and execute donor stewardship plans aligning with moves management strategies.
o Cultivate and steward key donors and groups using database queries and trend analysis, in order to plan and schedule specific activities.
o Define strategy and messaging, and coordinate segmented activities and communications specific to donors’ giving levels (societies) and program affinity, i.e., cars, scholarships, childcare, housing, mental health, Cool Kids, etc.
o Utilize donor database and reports for tracking, donor analysis and segmentation. Track fundraising-related metrics according to established objectives.
o Provide research support necessary to solicit and qualify prospects.
o Track and utilize key metrics related to success including retention, society membership, etc.
o Develop compelling impact stories for multiple uses and different donor segments.
Ø Create and oversee donor portfolios; work with Chief Executive Officer to develop strategies and plans to engage and cultivate donors. Keep accurate records of all interactions in Salesforce database.
Ø Support the planning and execution of annual Donor and Volunteer Appreciation Event.
Ø Participate in continuing education and networking opportunities to stay abreast of local and national trends and resources related to best practices in donor cultivation and stewardship.
Fundraising Campaign Execution
Ø Manage annual fundraising calendar and campaigns, including organizational and program-specific development, i.e.,
o Right Size Giving Business Partnerships;
o Direct mail campaigns;
o Colorado Gives Day;
o Annual Fundraising event(s);
o Third-party fundraising events;
o Peer-to-peer fundraising;
o Targeted program appeals – such as Childcare, Housing, Cars for Families, Holiday Family Sponsorships, Scholarships, etc.;
o Endowment Fund;
o Planned Giving.
Ø Track and evaluate effectiveness of strategies, campaigns, and overall results using key metrics.
Management & Leadership
Ø As Director, serve on organizational Leadership Team.
Ø Develop and manage annual fundraising budgets.
Ø Utilize and supervise marketing, fundraising and event contractors, interns and volunteers, as needed, to accomplish key functions and duties. Longer term, this position will add staff to key roles to advance overall development program objectives.
Board of Directors Interface
Ø Work collaboratively with Board Members to bring financial and in-kind resources needed for the full execution of Project Self-Sufficiency’s mission.
Ø Participate in monthly Board Meetings and on relevant committees.
Other duties, as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills||Minimum Qualifications
· Support and belief in Project Self-Sufficiency’s Mission, Vision, Values and culture.
· Have an aptitude for and ability to effectively utilize technology tools and services that support development program efficiency and accuracy.
· Ability to use data analysis in support of development program evaluation, improvement, and designing strategies for growth.
· Advanced software skills including proficiency in O365, MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce database, and third-party fundraising platforms.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills: in person, online and phone.
· Driven to interface with donors, vendors, and the community to promote the organization’s mission through outreach, events, and presentations.
· High level of professional integrity including compliance with AFP Code of Ethics.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
· Driver’s license and ability to travel frequently to various meeting and event locations.
|Education and Experience||· Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or marketing is preferred.
· Minimum five years in fundraising or development role with supervisory responsibilities.
· Demonstrated success in planning and executing fundraising campaigns and managing a portfolio of donors from multiple channels.
|Physical Requirements and Working Conditions||· Ability to use computers and look at monitors for up to 8 hours per day.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, and bend at the waist.
· Ability to sit or stand for up to 10 hours per day.
· Ability to use hands and fingers and have good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals and copiers/ printers.
· Ability to hear, see and speak within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
· Ability to communicate orally with volunteers, customers, vendors, management, and co-workers.
· Ability access transportation for local travel to various locations
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. for event and office supply movement and transport.
|Additional Information||Benefits package includes 401(K) with match, health, dental and vision insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, pro-rated PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.|
Email: [email protected]