Development Director - Respite Care Inc.
Respite Care, Inc. is a non-profit organization in Larimer County that is providing short term quality care for children with developmental disabilities and respite to their families, enabling them to enhance their quality of life. We believe that a child with a disability is a child first and that his or her challenges are secondary. Respite Care has been providing specialized child care in Larimer County since 1982. Our child care specialists are trained to make Respite Care a safe “home away from home” for kids, while giving peace of mind to families. Children have the opportunity to participate in engaging activities with their peers, like field trips, Summer Day Camp, and Wilderness Camp.
The Development Director will be a part of the administrative team at Respite Care. This role oversees all fund development and relationship building activities at Respite Care. They manage the Development team and work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and relevant committees to raise funding for the operation of Respite Care. This position will be responsible for overseeing Respite Care’s community presence, including initiating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders. They manage the planning and execution of all fundraising and donor events to support Respite Care’s work to embrace extraordinary kids and their families. This position has the unique opportunity to work closely with a variety of community members.
FLSA classification: Exempt
Employment status: Regular, Full-Time
Work Hours: 40 hours/week, includes occasional evenings and weekends
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Work Environment: Office
Base Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
Reports to: Executive Director
• Report to the Executive Director
• Manage the Development Team, including Community Engagement Officer and Communications Manager
• Serve as the Staff Leader of the Fund Development Strategic Team
• Serve on the Fund Development subcommittees
• Attend leadership meetings with Executive Director and Program Director
Sustainable Fund Development:
• Serve as Sustainable Funding Team Leader, who oversees activities of the Pipeline and Cultivation committees
• Oversee all aspects of implementing Respite Care’s fundraising model, including but not limited to community tours, donor engagement, and financial asks
• Build and maintain relationships with 150+ Multi-Year Giving Society Members
o Create cultivation plans with the intent to maintain or upgrade support
o Build relationships, including planning two + large donor cultivation events per year and regular small donor gatherings
• Track donor files and contact records including acknowledgment and interactions
• Oversee annual Ask Event as coordinated by the Community Engagement Officer
• Work with Communications Manager, Community Engagement Officer and Executive Director to review donation reports and ensure proper acknowledgment
• Assist and prepare Executive Director for major gifts and personal cultivation visits
Holiday Ball Management:
• Oversee all aspects of the Respite Care Holiday Ball, held annually on the third Saturday of November
• Consult with Holiday Ball Committee Chairperson and Community Engagement Officer to determine event sponsorship outreach plan. Assist with outreach to high level sponsors.
• Track ball revenue as set forth in the annual budget, manage expenses, and prepare final financial reports, breakdowns and yearly comparisons
• Assist Community Engagement Officer as needed with special events or experiences sold as auction items
Special Events and Campaigns:
• Manage and assist the Communications Manager in all Cause Marketing relationships and Third Party Events
• Oversee annual third party event budget by helping solicit and secure events throughout the year
• Work with Communications Manager and Marketing Committee to plan and execute Colorado Gives Day campaign
• Assist Executive Director with any other fundraising campaigns, which may include capital or endowment
Marketing and Community Relations:
• Work with Marketing Committee and Communications Manager to develop and implement annual marketing plan, including the continued maintenance and improvement of Respite Care’s brand identity and guidelines
• Oversee production of social media content, print materials, email newsletters, mailings, and website updates as executed by Communications Manager
• Oversee production of Annual Report, as executed by Communications Manager
• Represent Respite Care at speaking engagements and community presentations
• Maintain a strong presence in our community among both Respite Care donors and local agencies and affiliations by attending relevant networking and special events
• Work with local media outlets for opportunities to share Respite Care’s impact
Finance and Data:
• Work with Executive Director, Communications Manager, and accounting firm to reconcile donations and reports for proper accounting.
• Work with Communications Manager to issue billing statements, timely tax credits and thank you letters
• Provide financial reporting assistance as needed for grants and audits
• Manage CRM database to review/update donor information and pull reports as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Working Conditions:
• Shares Respite Care’s core values:
o Responsibility, Community, Relationships, Competency & Knowledge
• Must embrace a diverse and inclusive environment
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent training and work experience)
• At least four years of professional experience related to fund and relationship development
• Previous management experience
• Experience with event planning and management
• Commitment to professionalism, flexibility, and collaboration
• Highly motivated by quantified goals and is an independent self-starter
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person, online, and via phone
• Ability to use computers and look at monitors for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to communicate professionally via email, phone, and in person
• Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, bend at the waist, and lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to sit or stand for up to 8 hours per day
• Must possess a valid, current driver’s license and means of transportation
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Previous experience with the Benevon fundraising model
• Skilled in Photoshop or Canva
• Previous experience with running fund development campaigns (for example, annual fund, capital, or endowment campaign)
• Previous experience with managing a CRM database
• Previous experience with WordPress or other website platform
• Health insurance partially paid by employer
• Accrued paid time off
• Life insurance policy
• Professional development opportunities
• An incredible work environment and culture surrounded by passionate and invested team members who value the mission of the organization and our role in the community
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Respite Care, Inc. provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, status as an officer or enlisted members of the military forces, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, marriage to a co-worker, hairstyle historically associated with race, or any other protected characteristic applicable under federal, state, and local laws.
All employment with Respite Care, Inc. is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or Respite Care, Inc. at-will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. There is no guarantee, in any manner, that Respite Care, Inc. will continue your employment for any set period of time.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of this position. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice with direction from Respite Care, Inc.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.