Controller - Lindgren Landscape
Lindgren Landscape is an award-winning, landscape design/build/maintain company serving Northern Colorado since 1995. Although we are known for creating high-end custom landscapes, we design and install landscapes of all scopes and sizes. Our people are the reason for our success. We are looking for people who are dedicated to the landscape industry and have a passion for quality. See some of our work on our website at www.lindgrenlandscape.com.
About the role: The Controller position is a hands-on, full-time role with day-to-day duties that include complex financial accounting, reporting, and compliance issues. This position assists in carrying out day-to-day, month-end, and year-end activities while directing and leading activities for the accounting team and administrative division.
Salary: $100K to $120K
Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Responsible for accounts payable accounts receivable, and invoicing processes (to include preparing invoices, check payments, and creating a bill list, Reconcile payroll bank statements and payroll breakdown record, Process bills and credit card statements for payment)
- Provides A/R, A/P, & general financial reporting
- Manage construction and maintenance bookkeeping accounts.
- Maintain the general ledger, including balance sheet reconciliations and completing journal entries.
- Ensure the validity of financial data by reviewing, preparing, and maintaining up-to-date procedures for reconciling, balancing, and/or verifying the general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of budgets, reviewing budget proposals, and preparing supporting documentation and justification as it relates to operational and cost accounting.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Participate in the core leadership team and be the admin team leader.
- Ensures that all inventories are safeguarded and stated correctly.
- Responsible for oversight of workers’ compensation claims and processes.
- Responsible bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis and/or breakeven analysis for various projects.
- Monitor and review weekly cash flow and prepare month-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Provide support to the administration staff and work closely with the operations team to manage and report on commissions.
- Develop and standardize accounting procedures.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in an accounting role required.
- 3-5 years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Construction accounting skills are highly preferred.
- Working strong knowledge of QuickBooks desktop.
- Working experience in inventory management.
- Knowledge of GAAP best practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Strong understanding and current experience of full-cycle accounting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal, and written communication skills to communicate both with customers, leadership, and employees.
- Ability to explain P & L statements to all levels of management.
- Able and willing to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Benefits: We offer, paid time off, sick time, health, dental, and a 401(k) plan.
NOTE: If selected to move forward in the interview process, you will be subject to undergo an onsite job assessment with Lindgren’s Sr. Accountant.
For more information click here.