Consultant (Banker) Req #979 - Canvas Credit Union (formerly Public Service Credit Union)
Who We Are
Public Service Credit Union is part of the movement to disrupt banking. Let’s be honest…banks aren’t typically associated with statements like “We help people afford life” or “People before profits.” It’s those statements that set Public Service Credit Union apart from banking institutions.
For starters, we are member-owned. We make decisions and offer products and services to benefit our membership and the communities in which we serve. We “Wow” our members and exceed their expectations by delivering service excellence.
Established in 1938, Public Service Credit Union is based in Colorado and has grown to 28 branches, 530 employees, and over $2.3 billion in assets.
What You Will Do
It takes great people who strive to build and strengthen relationships with our members and employees to make a difference. We are seeking some exceptional individuals to serve members in our Boardwalk, Drake, Lemay, Loveland, Meldrum, and Windsor communities. Here’s an overview of what a day as a PSCU Universal Consultant is like:
• Achieve monthly/annual individual sales and member service goals to contribute to branch and organizational goals.
• Analyze current member relationships and proactively contact members with recommendations to help them achieve financial success.
• Explain, promote and sell all PSCU products and services to current and prospective members.
• Provide exceptional service that is consistent with or exceeds PSCU’s standards of excellence in member service.
• Prepare and process transactions (deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, cashier checks and other services) accurately and timely.
• Perform advanced frontline transactions such as IRA’s, wire transfers, disputes, etc.
• Facilitate the lending process with members; to include documentation, interviewing and closing.
• Balance cash drawer daily, in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Assist the Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Manager with daily branch functions as needed.
• Keep informed on developments and trends in the financial services industry, particularly with regard to new products, services and technological advances.
• Share knowledge with branch staff on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
• Embrace ongoing education and learn/apply new skills and software applications.
• Finally, you will represent the face of the organization to our members and strive daily to help them meet their personal financial goals.
• You will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with PSCU members.
• You will discover, anticipate and meet member financial service needs through the active promotion, sales and delivery of our products and services
• You will proactively address member questions, resolve problems, and promptly handle service requests.
• Open, maintain and close all types of transaction and deposit accounts.
• Cross-sell all products associated with loan products, including debt protection, GAP and mechanical breakdown coverage.
• You will participate in achievement of branch sales goals by seeking opportunities for cross-selling credit union products and services.
• You will partner with branch leadership to complete daily branch functions including balancing, cash handling and supporting various lending processes.
Who You Are
• Member Focused: Ensuring that the (internal or external) member’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing member service as a value.
• Sales Focused: Gaining prospect or customer commitment to a product, service, or idea by using effective influence strategies.
• Adaptable: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
• Trustworthy: Fostering a work environment that encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and their ideas with respect; creating and protecting a high-trust environment by setting an example, advocating for others in the face of challenge, removing barriers to trust, and rewarding others for demonstrating behaviors that cultivate trust.
• You build customer loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
• Authentic: Gaining other people’s trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines.
• Energetic and tolerant of stress: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time. Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• You hold yourself to high standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
What You Have Done
• You have sold products in a consumer banking environment.
• You have focused intensely on customer needs and identified areas where additional products may apply.
• You have facilitated consultative conversations sharing product features and benefits.
• You may have experience accurately handling finances and have strong cash balancing experience.
• You have successfully supported management teams in achieving and exceeding branch goals.
• You have sustained teams by completing any necessary task.
• You have maintained confidential information and respected your member’s personal circumstances.
• You have learned and gained proficiency in point-of-sale software or other intricate computer applications.
• If you communicate in Spanish, that’s a big plus.
• You’ve graduated from High School or completed your GED.
What You Will Learn (What’s in it for you?)
We are committed to developing our staff and invest heavily in their careers. The Consultant is often the foundation of a career at Public Services Credit Union and the growing credit union industry. This includes; comprehensive understanding of branch operations, refining leadership skills, and cultivating insight into branch and support department dynamics. Here is an overview of the foundation of knowledge you can expect once you are proficient as a Consultant:
• Financial Industry Product Knowledge: You’ll build a solid understanding of the structure a consumer financial institution, products and services offered, and compliance with financial regulations.
• Consultative Support Skills: You will enhance your skills around building relationships, understanding member needs, and offering meaningful solutions. These skills help position you for a future of success in a variety of roles and industries.
• Adaptability: You will learn how to adapt to others and the changing environment of the credit union, meeting members and employees across the entire branch network and supporting their needs.
• Workshops: We offer professional development opportunities including job shadowing and formal instructor-led learning.
Other Important Information
You should be able to work a flexible schedule Monday thru Saturday, 40 hours per week. The job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, fax machines, and filing cabinets. The position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files, and open filing cabinets. The position requires bending, stooping, or standing as necessary.
Please note, this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phone: (720) 315-5073