Concrete Superintendent - Coloscapes Concrete
Are you a motivated individual that is looking to grow and succeed with a company? Are you a strong leader and experienced in the Concrete Industry? If so, look no further! Coloscapes Concrete is a growth minded local company that is seeking an experienced Concrete Superintendent to join our team.
The Concrete Superintendent will be responsible for enabling the completion of jobs in a timely manner. They will achieve this by managing daily construction tasks and short-term schedules for one to six projects, (depends on scope, size and location), to meet Coloscapes Concrete client contract obligations, project document requirements, safety and project budgets.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of concrete construction.
- Monitor and ensure all job site safety systems and practices are in place and being followed.
- Manage project equipment, materials, tools, etc. to be on site timely and ensure overall mobilization budgets are on track and not overspent.
- Plan and execute a short-term look-ahead schedule. Use this planning method to work with Operations Leader to coordinate resources to ensure project success.
- Manage the team on the construction site and supervise all on-site activities pertaining to our work. This includes coordination with Company second tier subcontractors and other trades as needed.
- Maintain project budgets by planning for optimum crew performance and managing materials and equipment. Understand and plan labor productions to meet and/or beat project budgets.
- Understand completely all project documents such as contracts, specifications, drawings, and any changes to the construction design throughout the project lifecycle. Identify and communicate all work outside of project scope with Company Project Manager and Client Superintendent. Create and distribute accurate T&M tickets timely.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process and plan the concrete placement accordingly to produce a quality product.
- Perform quality checks on all form systems, ground, anchor bolts, reinforcing, slopes, block outs and other trade penetrations before every concrete pour.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Communicate with Client any items on the project that are not ready and would alter or delay any work being performed by Coloscapes Concrete.
- Look at concrete batch tickets to ensure the correct mix is being utilize for its submitted process.
- Complete daily reports to include time spent on the job (employee timecards), weather conditions, sub-contractors working for Coloscapes Concrete, general daily description that includes activities performed, delays incurred, changes directed by the Client in the field.
- Recruit and train field personnel associated with your team.
- Ensure that all unsafe work practices or safety hazards encountered on the job and those reported by field crew members are immediately resolved to OSHA and Company compliance standards.
Requirements of the Construction Concrete Superintendent
- 5-10 years of concrete experience required commercial concrete experience is a plus
- Must be comfortable getting dirty and working outdoors
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Reliable transportation with a clean/valid drivers license
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
Compensation for the Construction Concrete Superintendent
- Pay Range $56,000 – $95,000/annually, we pay competitively and starting pay in based on experience.
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurances
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances through Aflac
- 401(k) Program
- Paid Time Off
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for this position, email your resume directly to Hope Bernstein in Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (970) 686-0948