Club Director - Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County (BGCLC) is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. BGCLC is a place for kids and teens that inspires creativity, cultivates curiosity, builds character, and provides enriching education. We strive to support youth in developing the qualities and skills they need through amazing and diverse youth development programs, caring and knowledgeable staff, and a safe environment. We give youth a place to go when they need support, care, and most importantly, fun. We give youth a place to call home.
BGCLC is looking for an organized, energetic, fun-loving, adaptable individual to help foster a fun, safe, and positive after-school and summer experience for youth ages 6-18 in Fort Collins, CO.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Daily operations of the Fort Collins Club site, with a focus on supporting the Youth Development Outcomes that are consistent with our organizational goals and mission
- Staff management and development, including regular one-on-one meetings, group meetings, and training of both new and seasoned staff members
- Maintaining facilities and equipment to ensure a productive and clean working environment.
- Ensuring the highest level of programmatic quality and impact, while completing all necessary assessments on a regular basis
- Implementing all grant requirements; including regular evaluations, assessments, data collection, and reporting
- Community outreach, including attending local community meetings, representing BGCLC at community events, and regularly meeting with local school principals and staff
You are someone who:
- Likes to have fun;
- Has high energy and enthusiasm for BGCLC’s mission;
- Is able to build strong professional relationships with Club members, staff, parents, school administration, other youth and family serving organizations, and vendors;
- Is highly organized;
- Is adaptable and flexible.
This is a full time, exempt position with a pay range of $50,000 – $55,000.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning in education, human or social services, or a related field of study or 3 years relevant experience or combination of education and experience.
- At least 6-months of experience in working with children in a youth development environment required.
- 1 year of prior supervisor/management experience preferred.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug test that includes screening for marijuana, criminal and driving records investigations, and reference checks.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly recommended.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to be insured under the company’s insurance is required.
- Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Independence of Action
- Results are defined, and existing practices are used as guidelines to determine specific work methods and carry out work activities independently; the supervisor/manager is available to resolve problems.